need help bad!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twhzr7s

Reaction score
I am new to the board, and to 4-wheeling, but I have been riding motorcycles all my life. I was in a wreck, motorcycle,where a car ran a stop sign and hit me head-on, breaking my tibia, fibula, radius, ulna, and c-7 in my neck. I said all that to say that I can't get away from the sport completely, so I bought a used 2000 warrior. I am having a problem getting spark. So far I have installed a new coil, spark plug cap, cdi box, battery and tested the stator and pulse coil and all connections. Still no spark, but the atv turns over fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Terry

As I had said, I have tested the stator and coil, as I have a manual, I have completely gone through the harness from front to back and retaped everything, removed the parking brake switch and the clutch switch as well. I have tried all the normal things before I posted for help. Maybe I didn't completely say everything I had already done. Terry

Well it sounds like you have checked just about everything. Some people have had issues around the reverse wiring -worth the check. Also, recently i heard someone had a problem that it would crank and not fire, but they could push start it. Don't know what the outcome was. but if yours would start that way, could help you zero in on the problem. Have you tested all the switches? You might have to test resistance on each wire. You said that you checked all connections -did you hit them with contact cleaner? I am just shooting at anything I can think of as you have covered most -I am sure your just about at wits end.

Take a serious look at the stator again. Maybe if you contact rickystator, they might have another way to check it beyond Yamahas book test.

Soemone else will hopefully chime in with other ideas

Did it ever run for you?

I put dielectric grease on all the connections. But it did run two days ago while I was working on the carb, which had so much junk in it everything was clogged. When it quit running, it wouldn't fire back up, then no spark. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back