Need advice

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarriorNewbie

Reaction score
I found a 2001 warrior on cl. It has a broken rocker. The head is off the motor and the guy told me the piston and bottom end was fine as far as he knew (ran until rocker broke) i know rockers don't just break so the piston hit the valve? He wants 450 and has gave me runaround(no response. Listed twice. Tried to get me up on price. First listing he told me someone was gonna pay more than he was asking!). So I'm wondering is this bike worth the headache? I will prob resell after fixing or sell my 97. I will have about 500 more to get the bike back together. Can it be done? Will I be able to turn a profit?

Honestly? Sounds like a bullshit story. If someone was REALLY going to pay more than why does he still have it? If you bought it for $450 and just wrote off the entire motor, you might make a few bucks parting it out... But I'm not sure on this one. Seems like he's not that serious if you can't get him to commit to showing it to you..

Part of the prob is he only answers at night and I have to b at work at 6 so I text him then don't get response till morn cuz I'm in bed. Last mess was at midnight. I really want a second quad and I think I'm pushin a bad deal to get it. I guess I really want to know if I can go see it and piston is clean and no play in crank/rod can I build top end back for a couple hundred bucks

i wouldnt even bother. sounds like a bad story. you could make money parting it out but do ya really want to do that? i would go check it all out before you commit man.

Remember, you won't know what's wrong until you really start looking it over. If you go look at it just make sure to test / inspect everything you can. I'm not sure on the issue your talking about, however, in my experience, anyone saying theres people offering more money for it = bs. and anyone that's hard to reach isn't that serious..

Doesn't sound like the guy is on the up & up. A lot could be wrong with it. Or, nothing could be wrong with it. It's a crap shoot. If you could see the bike, and everything else was in good shape, it would probably be worth it. The question is, do you want to take a chance getting screwed? If it were me, I would walk away. There are other bikes that run you can spend a little more on, and not have to rebuild the engine, and can probably test ride.

And is there a way to check tranny with motor not running?

Only way is turn the sprocket (chain off) or roll the quad while shifting the gears. If it shifts, and the gears hold, they are more then likely good. Without it running, or tearing the engine down to inspect, that's about all you can do.

Alright. Seems like a consensus. **** em. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just my anti social behavior. I assume the worst about people but sometimes I'm right and they ARE douchebags! Thanks guys

I'd buy it these things are so cheap to fix you could rebuild the whole engine and still sell for a profit.

It depends on your area. If I spent 450 on that bike, and ALL it needs is a head(prob cheaper then machine work and rocker)... I can make a decent little profit. And when I say little, I mean LITTLE. It is very hard to get what a bike is worth around here. If I bought that and it needed a head, piston/rings, and other **** to make it sellable, I'd loose money. Just the fact the guy is acting weird I wouldn't buy it.

Only way is turn the sprocket (chain off) or roll the quad while shifting the gears. If it shifts, and the gears hold, they are more then likely good. Without it running, or tearing the engine down to inspect, that's about all you can do.

:tup:

Check for crank play to if the top end of off of it. If its just a rocker, used parts can be had for cheap and if it looks nice, you can deff flip for a profit.

What is wrong with Craig's list? I told the guy with the warrior to all me when his "other deal" fell thru and I had $400 and a truck. Next day I find a 95 trx300ex (honda eek!). 1.5 hrs away. Talked with guy thru txt for a day and half and settled on $400 pick up on sat. Now he says he needs more $ and won't answer texts calls or emails. WTF??? I just wanna flip a couple quads and make some $$$$. People suck!!!! Ok. I'm done ranting now. Anyone else have trouble on CL?

What is wrong with Craig's list? I told the guy with the warrior to all me when his "other deal" fell thru and I had $400 and a truck. Next day I find a 95 trx300ex (honda eek!). 1.5 hrs away. Talked with guy thru txt for a day and half and settled on $400 pick up on sat. Now he says he needs more $ and won't answer texts calls or emails. WTF??? I just wanna flip a couple quads and make some $$$$. People suck!!!! Ok. I'm done ranting now. Anyone else have trouble on CL?

Yah. Most of them think that their junk is GOLD. wtf
Guy had an 04 yfz beat to **** asking 3g. Would'n't come down. I bought a nicely modded 06 for the same price. Go figure

I never thought I would have so much trouble gettin people to take my money!

Only the 14 year olds that nag you worse than your ex begging you to trade for their crap

yeah, their broken crap as in "it only needs this or that and it's no big deal" lol if it's no big deal then why didn't they fix it. I was born at night, but not LAST night. sheesh

Back