Name that warrior year!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cougarse

Reaction score
I just bought this basket case for $75. I know its old but I'm having problems identifying its year as the vin is ground off :eek: The lower control arms mount up different than the two 95s in the picture and the ball joints look like the replaceable kind. It has a pull start and the stator plugs look like the 88-89 plugs. The CDI is in the front with no place to mount one in the rear. It does have the compression release on the front valve cover. No headlight mount at all on the top for the bug eyes.

I think its an 88.... Those are some monster 26" tires on the rear that are almost brand new.

Now I bought it because the guy told me it had a good steering stem, and it does but its not interchangeable with my 95's. The mount is similar but not the same. It did come with a keihin carb though.

Why do the front tires stick in so much? Its at full weight and the shocks have the preload all the way down. As do the 95's beside of it. It looks funny.

Does an early warrior use a different thread spark plug than the later ones? I was going to put a plug in it to see if it would fire but all my plugs for my 95's just fell into the hole! It is threaded and doesn't look stripped but maybe it had been tapped out once before.

oh and does anyone need any parts from this? So much of it doesn't fit my 95's.

Last edited:
Damn man them tires are effin huge lol. Yeah it sounds like its an 87 or 88. Im pretty sure 87 was the only year warrior that you could replace the ball joints. All year warriors use the same spark plug....

Damn man them tires are effin huge lol. Yeah it sounds like its an 87 or 88. Im pretty sure 87 was the only year warrior that you could replace the ball joints. All year warriors use the same spark plug....

Then this head has been messed with before.

yeah it prob has. I can remember when i was building my 96 i would take the spark plug out of my 87 and put it in my 96 to start it.

I think it's an 88 cause he said the stator plug matches 88/89 and in 89 the headlights mounted different. And I'm pretty sure you could change out the ball joints on 87 and 88.

yeasus. It gets my vote for the ugliest warrior Ive ever seen! Did you take a plug outta it? I'm guessing 87 because the CDI is up front.

if the rear disk is dished and the ball joints r replaceable then its an 87 if not i'd say 88

The rear disc matches my 95's. I looked at that as I remembered reading something about the smaller disc.

Back