My Pictures

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually when I clean my quad the entire front plastics come off. Its not like its that hard. 4 screws in the hood. 2 bolts/2 screws on each fender and then 2 10mm bolts holding the tank cover on. I spray the entire bike down then spray every inch in simple green. I don't mix the simple green I just spray it on. The first spray down probably uses 2 liters of simple green. I wait 10-15 minutes then hand wash and scrub everything I can see/reach. After that I sprary the bike off then spray it down with simple green and repeat.

After I do that 2-3 times I stand the quad up on the grab bar and spray the entire under body and and entire engine again with simple green. Its an easy 1.5 to 2 hour project.

I hand dry the entire bike then I fire the air compressor up and spray the entire bike down to get water out of spots it likes to sit in.

I will usually then polish all my plastics and oil the chain up real nice then spray the tires down with tire shine. I use some black magic interior cleaner on the seat.

I use maxima chain wax and that stuff is thick and it gets everywhere. Spraying simple green on it and letting it sit and do its magic I don't have to scrub anything. Also where I ride its nasty mud a greenish type mud and once on my tires I can scrub all I want with soap it doesn't come off. But just spray a little simple green on them, let it sit and spray it off and they are clean again.

I don't know how many people use simple green, if you don't use it goto walmart in the automotive section and get some. You'll use it from here on out. Beware though that the next time you start the bike up and the engine starts to warm up you will smell the simple green being burnt off the motor.

Wow. Is that a tutorial or what.

Pressure washer works for me! Looks like you poished the one side.. man that looks nice.

My clutch cover is chrome if that is what your talking about.

Yeah pelph I did use simple green but not to the extent you just explained, mabe I'll give it try, gotta get like a gallon container though.

Yeah if you notice in the pictures on my first post at the bottom. I used 4 liters like it was nothing. I got a spray bottle that holds about a liter and you pump it up then press the trigger and spray away. I used to use just a regular spray bottle, but since I use so much I got tired of pulling the trigger for every spray so I upgraded. HAHA

wow..thats alot of work when your just gunna get it dirty again..i just hand wash mine down with soap and water..but i dont polish the plastics everytime

It isn't all that much work really. I take care of all my stuff like this.

Back