My new truck

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadaim

Reaction score
Its a 99 Chevy s10 LS 4x4 with a 4.3L v6. i bought it for 4200 with 84k highway miles in mint conditions lemmy know what you guys think.

000_0288-1.jpg

000_0290.jpg

000_0291.jpg

Power Acoustick Amp with Power Acoustick 10inch sub, home build box matched with a Pioneer Cd player..
000_0292.jpg

Nice.. Those V6's in those are peppy little bastards. You can get a lot of power out of them.

You ever drive a 2 wheel drive s10? There's a reason 4wd is an option, 2wd is goddam useless in these things. I got mine stuck in my front yard, my perfectly level front yard, because it rained a little bit and the grass got wet. When it rains I can't make a complete stop at an uphill intersection because i'll never get it moving in the right direction once it loses all its momentum. People always talk about s10's spinning the tires so good, like it's a measure of power. It's not really anything to do with the power, the 80 horsepower 4 cylinders still spin uncontrollably. They're just designed with all the weight over that front axle and nothing to keep the rear tires hooked up.

But a 99 4x4 for 4,200 sounds like a great deal. There sure weren't any deals like that around when I bought mine. $4,100 bought me a 93 extended cab with 93,000 miles, 2 wheel drive, and bad engine mounts (found that out 2 days later when the fan started hitting the shroud). Prices around here suck though.

yea that is true about the rear wheels spnin cz i get stuck alot goin up hill in gravel or on a slight hill in my front yard when its wet.

yeah she loves to burn the tires...
till the tranny takes a ****... ::) J/M .....but anyways i have the same cd player with 600W sony xplode amp and 10 inch pioneer sub

You ever drive a 2 wheel drive s10? There's a reason 4wd is an option, 2wd is goddam useless in these things. I got mine stuck in my front yard, my perfectly level front yard, because it rained a little bit and the grass got wet. When it rains I can't make a complete stop at an uphill intersection because i'll never get it moving in the right direction once it loses all its momentum. People always talk about s10's spinning the tires so good, like it's a measure of power. It's not really anything to do with the power, the 80 horsepower 4 cylinders still spin uncontrollably. They're just designed with all the weight over that front axle and nothing to keep the rear tires hooked up.

But a 99 4x4 for 4,200 sounds like a great deal. There sure weren't any deals like that around when I bought mine. $4,100 bought me a 93 extended cab with 93,000 miles, 2 wheel drive, and bad engine mounts (found that out 2 days later when the fan started hitting the shroud). Prices around here suck though.
easy solution get some ******* tires on it! i go all the time with s10 v6 no problem just need the right tires

Back