My new project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redkaz04

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 2001 warrior for 800 dollars, but of course it had issues. I just had to buy it b/c my first quad was a warrior about 14 years ago.
So the problem: It wouldn't idle except with the choke on when I first got it. I rebuilt the carb and replaced the jets. It idles now but will not accelerate. There isn't really any blue smoke coming out. I disconnected the parking brake, but that's not it. It just putts around the yard, but the timing is terrible and it will not accelerate. It makes an akward "bap bap bap" when you try to accelerate. So what is the diagnosis?

alas...I think so...lol. Yes I am fairly certain it is no longer the carb. I believe it has something to do w/ the engine/valves....

One other piece of info: When I put in a new spark pug it turns very black and fouled pretty quick. Rings?

Sounds like you are runring rich, and getting too much gas. Try going to a smaller main jet.

I dont think so it has a 145 in it now...that's stock and so is everything else. The carb has been rebuilt with new jets...any other ideas?

Back