my future setup.....telle me wath do you think

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

courchaine

Reaction score
I took my motor out of my warrior frame and i'm completely rebuilding it this winter.

so here is my future setup :

-wiseco pro lite piston 10.25 compression
-web cam stage 2 race cam
-kibblewhite valves springs
-Kehin 38mm carburetor
-custom made 2 or 2 1/4 inces headers ( stock is 1 5/8 i think it's too restrictive)
- fmf megamax or powercore 4 exhaust
-15-38 gearing for maximum top speed

i'll make all these mods at school because i'm a small engine mecanics students.

so with this setup do you think i can beat a 450r on top speed ?

thank you for your comment

Um...No that wouldn't even get you close. You may be able to stay with a stock 400, but that is about it. If anything to gain a little more power with the rest of your mods buy a stroker crank.

wiseco, webcam, and kibblewhite springs all seem good. I would go for the edelbrock carb instead of a keihin. If you can't afford it now, wait until you can, it's worth the exta few bucks. I wouldn't bother with the stock header, the stock header on the warrior is bigger than it really needs to be. Heck, it's damn near as big as the exhaust on some cars, and the engine is only a fraction of the size. I don't like FMF silencers. I had a megamax on my recon and I think the stock one was better. It was just built cheap, weak, and not very logically. One of my buddies has a powercore 4 on his warrior, and I don't think it's that great. Too big and heavy, and hardly any louder than the stock one.

Forget about the 450r thing though, you won't be close. You'll be able to keep up with a z400, but that's still pretty far off of a 450.

one of my buddy got a 400ex with 0.50mm piston hotcam stage one and a yoshimura pipe and he is side side with a 450r....... and how much can i raise my compression without using racing gas because and can cut my head at school......i was thinking about 11.5 would it make a big increase in performance

thanks

Oh and I cut my fenders too people think i'm joking but cutting your fenders add about 3 to 5 km\h on my bushnell radar gun a lot less of resistance.........

well... from what i have seen on this forum the main exhuast's are HMF's? my freinds just got powercore 4's on there 450r's..they sound pretty good..but thats on a 450 motor... i know for a FACT that Yamarider and all those mods he has done.. he can beet a piped 400

one of my buddy got a 400ex with 0.50mm piston hotcam stage one and a yoshimura pipe and he is side side with a 450r....... and how much can i raise my compression without using racing gas because and can cut my head at school......i was thinking about 11.5 would it make a big increase in performance

thanks

Somebody's exaggerating about something. It'll take a lot more than 2 little bolt on mods to make a 400ex run with a 450r.

11:1 is the cutoff point for running 93 octane pump gas. I don't think shaving the head is such a good idea for getting that higher compression though, you're better off doing it with a high compression piston. The aftermarket pistons are lighter and stronger than the stock one, so they will be more reliable and rev quicker.

I never heard anything bad about Big Gun exhausts, but it's not really necessary to get a full system on the warrior, the stock header is fine. You can get a slip-on that will work just as good as that full system for about half the price.

Oh and is the big gun evo-x is good i can have a complete system for 500$ ????

I have the big gun race series on my raptor and I love the system, great mid too top end pull, much better throttle response also... they sound real mean too

Weisco only makes 10.25:1 pistons, JE makes 10.75:1, and 12.1, the ladder will need 100 to 110 octane gas, 110 would be better due to the added lead. I don't know what the top speed is of 450R is, but I'll assume it's around 75 MPH, thats a lot of ground for a Warrior to make up at only 62 MPH stock. Witht the mods you have listed, and if you go to a 14 tooth front sprocket you might get close to 70 with 20s, if it still feels like it has good torque, go down to a 38 in the rear, it'll get you close but like DS said it'll take forever to get there, and a 450R will smoke you at half throttle lol j/k.

I dont mean to jack the thread but i got a question, with my mods (in my sig), if i added a 14 tooth up front about how fast would it run on top end with 22 in tires? About 68-70? I have plenty of low end so i could probably still have enough power even with a one tooth bigger front sprocket.

this setup really makes no sense to me...

-wiseco pro lite piston 10.25 compression
-web cam stage 2 race cam( ssoo you want most of your power in the top end?? get a stage 1 if you want more low end...
-kibblewhite valves springs( might wanna get a +1mm intake valve too)
-Kehin 38mm carburetor( if you're gonna spend the money.. just buy an edelbrock)
-custom made 2 or 2 1/4 inces headers ( stock is 1 5/8 i think it's too restrictive) ( there's only 1 header... and the stock is fine..)
- fmf megamax or powercore 4 exhaust ( there are better exhausts than those 2)
-15-38 gearing for maximum top speed ( you will have no low end with this...)

on a side note... you might as well stroke it and get stiffer clutch springs.. aswell as oil cooling because with that kind of setup.,... i take it all you would be doing is drag racing... and that is quite a bit of heat

and all of this is my opinion... ssoo take it or leave it

the best full exhaust system i have tried is an fmf hi flow with powercore silencer........ as far as slip ons, the hmf is definatly the best i have ridden.

i ran both a slip on hmf and the hi flow with the hmf and you really dont get that much more unless you open the engine up which you are doing.

i would say you best bet as far as a silencer is a powerbomb header- fmf claims it helps top end, and either a yoshimura or powercore silencer. the longer the silencer, the more on top. yosh makes great pipes so you can go wrong.

i have heard a lot of mixed things about the big guns. mickey dunlap perfers them and he really taps out warrior motors so your best bet would most likely be the evo or fmf system.

i doubt you will run 70 mph, i only do 65-66mph with a 14/39 set up
Yeah Warriorspeed but he has his motor done, you don't, at least that's what's in your sig. A motor done will pull way more especially with a higher RPM cam, were the motor makes the power on top.

Somebody's exaggerating about something. It'll take a lot more than 2 little bolt on mods to make a 400ex run with a 450r.

i'm not exaggerating i've seen it of my own eyes......a 450r is far from being a bullet yes it as great accelaration but the cut off is set very low......about 7900-8000 rpm for a 2004-2005 but they have change it for 2006- for 9600 rpm..........

FMF makes some good pipes, and a couple that arent so great. I'm not a big fan of the Megamax, but the PC4 and F4 systems are very good at making power gains. Just use one of their headers, they flow pretty good in most applications. I wouldnt waste time with trying to have a custom made one.

I wouldnt recommend a 38mm carb for your setup. The stock 36mm CV is a good carb, just needs to be jetted properly. If you prefer flatsides, then the Edel is a good setup. Choose the carb that fits your preferences and style, theres a trade-off with both of the carbs I mentioned.

You might want to read my reply in this thread:
http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=reviews&action=display&thread=1157936844

Hope that helps...

i doubt you will run 70 mph, i only do 65-66mph with a 14/39 set up

Ya but like dave said i have a stage 2 cam, piston etc... Oh and dont you have 20's instead of 22's?, i cant remember...

Back