My 99 Build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baddawg

Reaction score
Just got this a couple weeks ago,traded my XT 550 for it.Started and ran good but the starter went for a **** third time I used it.
It needed wheel bearings and carrier bearings,brakes, battery,
broken top motor mounts and the list goes on. I decided to tear it down to the frame and start from there. The motor seemed good the one short drive I had so I'll leave that for next winter.Mabey.

P3190002.jpg

P3190005.jpg

P3260020.jpg

P3260027.jpg

Yellow and black will always be Yamaha colours for me. I got some tank decals
made up, old school Yamaha, I'll post pics when they are installed.

thats identical to mine when i bought it. i like the yellow and black too. also i like the 99's w/ white fenders and blue tank and hood. anyway, nice project you got there.

Bearings & seals came in yesterday,picking up a new battery
today.I might just get a test drive in this weekend.

I thought the yellow might be too much,not bad though.
P4040007.jpg

Decals turned out allright
P4040008.jpg

That cross bar pad has to go,new one on order
P4040004.jpg

Looks great. The yellow is not too much, my warrior is the reverse of that... where my fenders are yellow, and my tank covers are black (with a dark grey frame) and honestly they both look good.

I really like the retro kit. How much did they run you? Bet you could get some made up and market them

Guy charged me $20,I went in to pick them up he had two sets that
size and a third set about twice that size.Steal of a deal.

I was away for a couple weeks came home to a box of goodies from Rocky Mountain.Replaced the clutch perch and installed the parking brake block off,nerf bars and a few other things.
Got it out for a run today works good except for a couple of minor issues,the starter switch stopped working and the clutch
is slipping slightly in the upper rpms (just needs adjusting).
I'm going to try repacking the pipe but it seems way to loud to
me compared to the FMF on the other Warrior.
A few more pics;

P4190005.jpg

P4190001.jpg

P4190007.jpg

P4190008.jpg

Newest addition,thanks Deadlast
P4300003.jpg

I'm taking the exhaust (Supertrap) apart to try and quiet it down some,I know that removing discs should help,it has twelve in it now.The canister in the pipe should slide out the rear of the pipe shouldnt it?I've got some ceramic insulation from work to try in it,should be ok as far as heat goes we use it up to 2000 degrees.Any hints or tips on this exhaust would be welcome.
P4300008.jpg

Stickers look good man. Same place I put mine.

Not much help on that exhaust but best of luck.

Got the electrical gremlins figured out,some people should not touch anything electrical,ever.Put a stock exhaust on while I fight with the supertrapp,doesnt want to come apart,and went for a test drive.It's running rich right now but I dont want to mess with it until I put the pipe back on.

Modified the airbox lid and installed crankcase breather
P4300002.jpg

Clutch cover is almost ready to drill and tap for the oil cooler,thanks Bassballs I finally got around to picking it up.
P5010014.jpg

Back