My 87 warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarriorNut

Reaction score
here are a few pics of my 87 just to show you the shape of the overall bike got to ride it for a month and a half then i broke the case do to chain damage so decided i would start the rebuiling process now alredy replaced tie rods with quadboss over sized 12mm parts ball joints were next along with the a arm bearings and bushings want to re do the front end as it hits hard and already screwed my wrist once and the rear shock is toast nothing left so figured i would try to fit it with banchee or raptor shocks first cheap up grade and then all the other wheel bearings and axle bearings along the way the motor was the winter project but now the case is toast just gonna tear it down and try and have it done for next spring just not sure just what or how far i want to take it also needs new chain and sprockets and not sure but think i need to find a complete top end for it jug and head and figure what i want to do with it bore it out or new sleeve depending on the shape of the one i get and and what i do with the cam not sure if i want to stay stock or beef it up and i know its all got to match but i dont know much about that part of it so need to do some research and ask a lot of questions and any suggestions and advice more than welcome here thanks

Attachments

• DSCF4715.jpg
    DSCF4715.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF4728.jpg
    DSCF4728.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF4726.jpg
    DSCF4726.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF4708.jpg
    DSCF4708.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
i can take you beginning to end minus engine ****, but you cant go wrong with this forum

You can easily jb that hole. Or use 3m structural adheisive. Bright side is your bike is in better condition than mine was in when I got it! If you want engine building suggestions, weston and I can provide some very good build ideas. There are several others as well, like midway, '00 WO YA!, and deadlast.

Welcome to the site. Post up your questions or search for them and we will get yah answers. Enjoy.

well when iam ready its good to know that i will gets lots of info and help here think i want to replace jug and cylinder just not sure new or used and find a crankcase with no damage always see them on ebay but now need to buy new truck rea end seized up so now gotta save more money again sell my smaller aluminun boatand gotta second set of red plastics for the bike that iam thinking about trading or selling but think i might regret it if i do not sure yet hopeing to get started on the tear down this week and at least start painting it and thanks to all for your input

I have an ignition with 2 keys, a clutch lever w/new cable, and a pull start with a decomp that are in real good shape. If you need any of that stuff..

okay thanks guys i will do that figure out what i need probally intrested in ignition and complete wiring harness but in need to get the motor done first and see where the funds are gonna be a slow process

i also have tons of 87 parts and not to jump on beastly's toes but shipping would be a lot less

Back