my '84 cr250r rebuild.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorgirl09

Reaction score
ok i'm finally doing another rebuild :)
engine parts are being orderd tomorrow! list is

wiseco .80 over (68mm) pro-lite hi comp piston.
wiseco wrist pin bearings.
moose topend gasket set.

and then whatever paint color i go with
the engine will be getting a chevy orange hi temp ceramic coating.
piston ported
cylinder ported and polished
head shaved .10
hi flow water pump

hmm idk what else???

What kind of riding are you doing on it? MX, Woods, Desert? I sold all my quads and ride bikes now, also racing in the Ontario Hare Scramble series next year, so I've got some ideas ;)

haha i'll prolly do alittle of everything. i'm ordering trail gearing for it, MX gearing, and dirt drag gearing. i'm going all out on the engine.
i've ALWAYS been a bikes fan... quads just dont offer the trill that bikes do

If your gonna ride fast through the woods I suggest a good set of bark busters, skid plate, rad guards, rear disc fin, FMF gnarly pipe to give the bottom end some boost, and an FMF Q silencer to keep it nice and quiet, a flywheel weight to tame the power, suspension revalve, run Engine Ice coolant to keep it from overheating in the twisties, I'd also recommend a tough aftermarket clutch cause you will abuse the **** out of it in the woods on a 2 stroke. All this stuff would be a little heavy for drags or the MX track but would make the bike a rocket in the tight woods. Its hard to set up a bike to do everything well. My KTM is a woods rocket, not bad on the MX track either, but forget about dragging it. Good luck!

already got full DG with my custom shortend DG silencer. got the bark busters, i've got access to a metal fab shop and i'm goign to custom build skids and rad gaurds, rear is drum brakes on '84 but the front disc will be getting a custom shroud. i got a HD clutch orderd and on the way.
not being rude and i really appreciate all the suggestions but this isn't my first build :p lol i started riding at age 5 and i'm now 22 :p hehe
i'll go get pics now :D

Back