• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

My 446 stroker for your stocker

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasman

Reaction score
You read that right. I want to trade my FST 446 stroker motor for a good running stock motor. The catch? You have to re-assemble the 446.

In an XC race in July my motor started rattling. I shut it down and parked it. When I got home I tore the top end off and found the lower rod bearing rattling. That's as far as I tore it down. I bought a new rod kit which includes the rod, bearing, thrust washers, and new crank pin. ($75) I also bought a full set of Cometic gaskets for the big bore ($80+). I am having trouble finding someone where I live that I trust to do the crank work right (I live in the boonies), and I'm considering selling the bike in order to build a new quad over the winter for a different XC class next year, so I'd like to just get a good running, solid motor in it and be done. The bottom end is still intact and still in the frame, but will be removed as-is for shipping. The top end is off and sitting on my workbench. Every part, nut, and bolt that goes with the motor will be bagged and included. The bore will probably need a quick hone run through it, due to a VERY LIGHT orange fuzz on it from sitting. Does not need to be bored. This motor runs with most any 450 I have come up against, and consistently runs wheel to wheel with KTM 525's from a dead engine start to the first turn. No disappointments there. This motor won C-class at the OMA National in Mesick, MI two weeks prior to going down.

So, the parts needed are included. Additional expense will be whatever a shop charges you to split the crank, put the new rod in, and press it back together and true it, and of course your labor to re-assemble it. NOTE: The previous owner removed the reverse lever and linkage and ground & smoothed the mounting ears on the frame for the lever, and therefore the bike hasn't had reverse since I've had it. Because of this, I do not know if the internals for reverse are still functional or if the gears and parts are even still in there. Just thought you should know in case you simply MUST have reverse.

-Head ported by FST
-Not sure on the cam, but it is a hardweld re-grind with "1405" engraved on it.
-Stock valves, but I have a new-in-bag Kibblewhite +1 intake I will include
-4 hours on new Kibblewhite springs with Ti hardware and new stem seals
-4 hours on new clutch with HD springs
-Current piston is a flat top that works with premium pump gas. I also have a higher-comp dome piston (same bore) that goes with it. Came with the bike from the previous owner. I've never run it, but I'm sure it would need at least 100+ octane fuel.
-Clutch cover is modified for oil cooler. I will leave the flare fittings threaded in it, but I'm keeping the lines and cooler.
-Mikuni flatslide carb is included, jetted perfectly for this motor with my FMF Powerbomb headpipe and White Bros. E-Series muffler, K&N filter w/ airbox lid on (six 1" holes in lid).

What I need:
Relatively stock motor, complete. I wouldn't be opposed to maybe a 366, a nice cam, or something along that line. Just nothing crazy like I have. I need the complete, running motor with the carb included. Must not smoke, use oil, leak, rattle, etc. Just a good running, reliable, problem-free motor that I can drop in, hit the button and go. Again, I will probably be selling the quad, and a motor like that is usually more attractive to a buyer around here than my race motor. We will each pay our own shipping. If you think you have what I'm looking for and are interested, respond here or PM me, we can work out the details.

normal_bcPicture_015.jpg

Misc6-09003.jpg

100_0339.jpg

very intrested!!! give me a PM !............... and why? send your e-mail address also

Reasons why are stated above. Just the quickest and simplest option for me at this point. What do you have?

Deal can be done unless Matt (hecker) beat me to it. PE me or send me an email at [email protected].

Also, are you plannin on rebuilding a YFM? If not we might have some issues. hahahah. Kinda confused as to why you don't wanna just put the thing back together for yourself?

Yeah I know, it'll knock me out of the elite. :) I'm 90% sure I'll end up selling it, but if I decide not to it'll be retired from racing and become a trail ride (chassis would stay as-is). I'm going to build a Utility class racer for next season. I'll send you a PM.

A smiley face for getting knocked out of elite status???? hahahah PM returned.

This is currently on hold. I found a stock '02 motor on Craigslist 40 miles away for $300. Can't pass up that price. Turns out it's a guy I know from the internet and have trail ridden with before. Going to check it out tonight. I will probably buy it and put my ported head and big cam on it, along with my new clutch and cooler-tapped clutch cover and my Mikuni flatslide. I may end up selling off what's left of my stroker after that. I'll keep you posted.

OK, I bought the motor I went to look at. I'll pick up a head gasket Monday and have my ported head and tapped clutch cover on it and running by mid-week. I'm still in the process of moving stuff from my old garage to my new house, and once that happens and the bugs are worked out with the new motor setup I'll make a new post and let the rest of my stroker motor go. And it looks like I'll be keeping the bike and racing it again next year. ;D Hopefully I won't lose TOO much power...

Hey Gasman I got a fully assembled Hotrods 400 motor I'm looking sell for $600 bucks, yeah the kit cost that much, let me know, I wanna sell.

Thanks anyway, but I already bought the stock '02 motor I went to check out. I'm gonna leave it stock bore and stroke for now and just put the ported head w/ cam, flatslide carb, clutch and clutch cover from the stroker on it and see what I end up with.

Gasman....How much for the motor + trans without the cylinder head?

I still haven't made the motor swap yet, so the stroker bottom end is still in the frame. I'll post a new ad after I get it out and get the parts off it that I need and I know what I have left.

Back