My 2003 wardog

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtrider73068

Reaction score
Am trying to post pics useing photobucket so bear with me. I know some parts are off am in the process of doing repairs and Maint. I am having the bumper fixed also have a brake light mod done as well. Want to know any more about it let me know.

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g471/dirtrider73068/my 2003 Warrior/

Tried useing the image tags but could figure it out, it told me the tag was too long. How do use the image tags from photobucket? I would like to be able to post more pics as I work on it and do rideing trips.

Nice warrior, you can ship them plastics to me, ill pm u my addy.......:haha:. Hard to find a SE warrior that nice

copy and paste the img code into your posts

Ah ok gotcha.

Yea that brake light is nice, gotta do some tid bit grinding to get a bolt to line up then can paint my angle iron and bolt it back up.

A SE warrior hadn't heard of that one, I have a red hood thats suppose to go on but got a part of it thats broke going to resin it back together. In actuality 87warrior this thing was mint when I got it, and was stupid when I first got on it and didn't take it easy and rolled it in first 5 minutes of having it was freaking pissed, then had a head on with a blaster was really really pissed. Still gots some work to do, getting my headlights fixed when I busted part of the housing on one, and the frame and cage was bent got it work out some its better. The motor is still pretty good, smokes a little on start up and some oil leaking at some gaskets. I would really like to do a mild top end job, get a wiseco piston, do a hone of not to out of round, bump the compression up to about 10:1 maybe a little polish job on the ports. These things are a blast I have put it through hell and you can't tell it, will go anywhere but mud I don't like mud.

Tonight I got the carb off looking it over, looks clean has a little junk in the accel pump area so will spray some cleaner in it and blow it out. Have a couple questions on the carb but will make another post about that. I am still in limbo to sell it or not. One thing I don't like is its HEAVY, never have been able to wheelie it unlike my dads 400ex he can just hit the throttle and it pull up. I know one thing its got a strong first gear, alot times I can take off in second easy.

if your looking fro wheelie power, you should probably rebuild it, probably ddonw on power burnign oil, or adjust gearing. with mine the changes in gearing and tires bring almost ot stock, and i rebuilt my engine with all oem parts, and i can pull mne up with just thorttle in second and sometimes third.

on wheight its about 20 lbs for a warrior between the 400ex, the raptor350 and warrior are the same. and the warrior is a little front heavy vs othe quads so it is kinda like that.

Maybe thats the difference I am feeling, the 400ex front feels lighter kinda makes the hole quad feel lighter. I wanted to do some rebuilding this winter but when I checked around for parts and prices I about ****, thought crap thats a good down payment on a new one, and that was most all the work done by me. Once I get all the work I want done, and test the market and see what kinda bites I get, then by winter again will look more serious about busting it down and doing a top end job on her.

Sorry to say but that's not a 88 its a lot newer then that and igf I remember right its a 03 se warrior give or take a year or 2

Sorry to say but that's not a 88 its a lot newer then that and igf I remember right its a 03 se warrior give or take a year or 2

he nevr said ti was a 88? he wrote in actuality 87warrior... as refering to a person, that got me too almost posted the same thing

Yea I was referring to 87warrior mine is a 2003 SE warrior apparently and I didn't know it.

Well its not really clean its got some dirt and dust from the last ride :)

no!
Shocked_emoticon.gif

Back