motorsports nerf bars

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassballs818

Reaction score
I bought Motorsports nerfbars from Rocky Mountain and the tires rub. I have 22" front which i believe was stock size. Doed anyone have these with this problem.

Also when i searched for it these were the only ones that popped up for warriors, when it came the direction didn't even mention Warriors. Only 400's and 450's were on it.
i guess you get what you pay for!

Contact Rocky mountain and send them back.I got the Tusk nerfs and the fit and finish is great. There are better ones out there for sure but not for the price.

yeah i had a bad feeling about it. I usually dont but cheap stuff because of these reasons but im gonna chew them out and try to get something better for free or what ever i can weasel out of them

yeah mine used to rub a tad, then i just gave em a bunch a wacks with a hammer and piece of wood, and they clear perfectly now

I have them but with the wheel spacers they dont rub . Iuse a 22 front also in the woods

Umm spacers aren't guaranteed to fix the problem. Realize that sidewayz is running completely different tire/wheel setup than you. The spacers will actually make the tire/wheel travel further and could make the problem worse depending on how close to the edge of the nerfs they're hitting.

I had the tusk nerf bars and 2.5'' (each side) wheel spacers and the tires would rub on the bend of the bars also so wheel spacers are not going to fix the problem....sorry.

hawkster0001 said:
yeah mine used to rub a tad, then i just gave em a bunch a wacks with a hammer and piece of wood, and they clear perfectly now
well i guess i have to do what he did.
what about droping to 21in tires would that help stop them from rubbing?

yeah it should, but remeber since its a difference of 1in, it will be .5 on each sideso if its only rubbing it should be fine. or you cold fix the prob by getting some +a-arms :D. i dont really care for the tusk nerfss, they just look kinda small, i really liek the look of kylers...

and i dont know if i have asked you yet buzzy but what part of mich do you ride?

i ride in Essexville. we got a sand pit and a bunch of trailsreally fun you should come and ride. sorry to get off topic i found wheel spacers 2.5 in on each side ill get those and mabey 21in fronts. its friday which = PAY DAY!!!!=)

are you gonna et the plate style spacers or the bolt type ones? but i really think spacers would make it worse, consider ing it makes teh movemetn of the whell when you turn come farther in, but if they start to curve off those spacers could help. i was also thinking, are thos nerfes the ones that bolt to your foot pegs, or the ones that bolt to the fram where your foot pegs goes, because if the bolted to your foot pegs on the back, you could get some longer bolts, and pu some spacers between the peg and nerfs, or if they bolt the frame, you could re drill the holes farther up so they sit back, i think i might have to do that with mine if i get some spacers

Back