Motor work getting done

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3504life

Reaction score
I'm getting some motor work done and I'm wondering what the best cam, bore size, and p&p to be done and should I get a new con rod bearing done at the same time? Thanks for the help

Oh and the riding I do is mostly trail.. Open lake riding in the winter and field ripping. And I do have the big bear cooler already.

.390 or .415 Webcam or Megacycle. Hotcam if you don't want to to TOO much head work yet still get some cam performance.

Wiseco or JE for the piston. 10.5:1 seems like a happy compression ratio. Still able to run pump gas on that. .20, .40, .80 bores are your choices. Bigger is better(?)

Get a P&P and +1 your intake if you can afford to do so. If you goin all out on the cam, you have to upgrade your springs to HD ones.

Of course a new cam chain and gaskets are a must too. DID or oem chain and cometic or versha gaskets and your good to go!

Next time, do a search for engine builds, all this info has been talked about on here many many MANY times before.

Back