Motor seems to bog down in 5th or 6th gear

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00warrior350

Reaction score
So I was riding today and when I was in in 5th or 6th gear holding it pretty close to wide open it would bog down almost like the back break was locking up or I was in some sticky mud.. (which i wasn't) I would return to normal after I down shifted and pulled the clutch and let idle for a few seconds... any help?

Have you tried spooling up other gears?
Sounds like your carb is loading up.

Have you tried spooling up other gears?
Sounds like your carb is loading up.

That was my guess going to try cleaning tomorrow.. Yeah I did but it only did it when it was a extended amount of time like 30 seconds on steady high rev speed

well i cleaned the carb and upped my main alittle (solved my throttle response issue).. but still got the bog around long steady acceleration.

it doesn't cough or sputter or anything tho.. its almost like i got my rear break and locking up (only does it after like 30 seconds on acceleration tho)

Ya it sounds like th bowl dosnt have enough gass in it and its burning it faster then it let's it in had a baster and my rappy do that right after I gotem running

Well i cleaned the petcock screens, cleaned the carb (floats were fine), accl pump was froze up fixed that.. New fuel, still the same problem trying to get it going good before the guy comes to pick it up Saturday please help.. When it starts to bog and i keep on the throttle it bogs till it dies which makes me almost a 100% sure its a fueling problem.

I don't understand tho why it would only do it when its drawing the most fuel if it were electrical

I'm going to go down a size on the main, clean again and adjust the float.. Thanks for the help

well the float was high between a 1/16 and 1/8 from the highest adjustment so i'm hoping that'll do the trick ill find out tomorrow

Back