motor oil in my air box??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89YFM_BEAST

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm really stumbed here I just took my carb off for the second time cleaned it ect!so when I went to take my air box cover off an wow there was quite a bit of motor oil in there not wuts up but its comin from the long tube that comes from the motor an goes to my air inlet for the airbox now I my buddy looked at it an said that's normal cause he said it was just a oil vent I'm very confused on this I don't think motor oil is supost to be in the airbox lol some good info on this would be good I'm kinda bumed out:(

You might be in need of a top end rebiuld. Sounds like your crankcase is biulding alot of pressure and shooting oil through the vent. Usually the cause is bad rings or rings going bad.

Now way it needs a topend rebuild she starts soon as u hit the start button an not a cloud of blue smoke an that's crackin on it to so 98 warrior not sure I could be over filling it plus I go down some bumpy trails it might be just catchin the vent here an there!but duneracer says it won't hurt nothing so that good to go!but I do got a really good question sometimes my warrior has like a back in forth motion when in 5 an 6gear it does it pretty much in all gears just don't feel it ass much an when it does it it stays boggish for a bit an then same thing an I notice that when its doing it my exaust where my right leg is get burned it gets so freakin hot u guys ever heard of this I'm stumped???

Has anyone had this problem before the guy I got the bike from said he thinks it never had a rebuild it still runnin from its stock rings an stuff so I might check the compression on it but it starts really good an idles nice but just the issue of this back in forth motion I have when I'm in last gear cleaned the carb twice I only use air on my carbs don't really like the carb cleaner stuff heard to many things bout it!!

what about on it's left side, I thought once hmm... I don't need the jack to change the rear tires, I flipped it on the right side and changed the left tire, then flipped it on the left side to change the right tire and when I was done there was oil everywhere, and it all came out the vent tube.

Hi man...

Im just down here in Blessington...pretty close to ya.....we'll have to get together some time to do some ridin..!!!....I just upgraded from my first bike,a 97 warrior to a 01 660 Raptor... still have the warrior,my 14 yr old son drives it.Tore down right now,needed a stator,so doing some other maint it needs while its down.A buddy of mine has a 87 warrior here also,that he just totally rebuilt from the ground up,hes just breaking in the new internals....high comp piston and HC stage 1 cam.

Anyway,ya make sure its not overfilled at all...and pull the crankcase hose out of the airbox and just attach a small filter on it,route it up under the tank..

Even in cars I dont like having the crankcase vent routed into the airbox,like they are,as you're just ingesting hot dirty oily air back into the motor to be burned.Makes the intake tract,carbs,combustion chamber get all gummed with **** as well.Cold air is best obviously.

Got a brand new filter here you can have for 10 bucks,or just slip into canadian tire and pick one up.In the car dress up section.

Later man...

Sure its coming from the vent tube? You filter isnt over oiled and dripping off is it? If you have high blow-by then you are either over full on oil or your rings are shot. Check the oil level and check to see if you are blowing blue smoke. That will tell you where it is coming from.

Restrictions in your exhaust as that could cause back pressure which, in theory, could cause higher-than-normal crankcase pressures (??)

If all thats fine, then I am lost.

Back