Motor mount bolts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wnk

Reaction score
So, I'm servicing the quads this week, planning on a trip to my parents where we can ride all weekend. I worked over my daughters 90 first, then turned my attention towards my Warrior. To my amazement, the only motor mount bolts holding the motor in were the rear upper and top (head). The front and rear lower were nowhere to be found. It almost looed like they had never been there. Luckily I had a set out of my '98 Warrior I'm rebuilding. Crazy. Just crazy.....

After installing the two missing motor bolts and riding all weekend I realized something: my base gasket oil leak is almost nenexistant.

Did you cut the packing (o-ring) or remember to put it in on the base gasket oil galley holes when you rebuilt the engine?

This engine has never been opened, as far as I know. It is a stock original Warrior sans the two motor mount bolts.
The one I am working on will get my undivided attention in that area if I decide to pull the jug....

That's what I'm thinking also. It all seems very strange as this thing was original and stock when I got it. I mean it was nice and low-hour looking. I'm wondering if they vibrated out or if there was some work done to the quad....

They vibrate out. My friends 88 made it back to the truck with one bolt left. He said it vibrated like crazy. I find that mine need to be tightened up about once a month ish to catch them early.

Back