Motor identification

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior87fun

Reaction score
i was wondering if you can tell what year the motor is by engine numbers
I have a 87 warrior that i bought not running and it looks like the motor has been changed
motor numbers are 1uy-010399

Yeah I tried too. The last 6 numbers are like a sequence or production count number. It should be close to the last numbers on the vin. You can only estimate how much newer the engine might be. If it's only a few off it might be an 87. My 96 has an engine id number that's like 15000 or so higher ( can't remember off hand could be way off). I estimated my engine around a 2000. It's lower than my brother's 2002. You can't really tell the year by it. If you have a compression relief on the valve cover, I would believe it to be a 1st gen engine. If the harness is original, then that can give you a range as well. It really only matters on certain parts when ordering.

You can call yamaha at 800-962-7926 and they'll be able to look up the year with the engine number.
I just did it the other day with a couple engines I picked up, it was quick and easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last 6 numbers of your engine are in your Vin. If your Vin doesn't end with your engine code; the engine or frame was changed

Back