motor dies in reverse

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headache

Reaction score
hey everyone i just got my warrior rebuilt and it is running great except when i shift it into reverse it kills the motor. what is wrong with it? is it one of the relays under the left rear fender by the solenoid? the reverse light lights up and everything, but it kills the motor every time.

Not sure but does it grind or jerk when you shift into reverse or does it go smoothly? Maybe your clutch is out of adjustment, just a wild guess though??

I think so, i had a friend with a moto4 200 that did this, the clutch was out of wack, and when you put it into reverse, the motor died, until the clutch was properly adjusted... not sure if this is the issue or not, waiting for OP to respond

no i don't think its the clutch. it starts and goes into the forward gears just fine. Its like its an electrical problem..

i got it fixed. I had removed the clutch switch wires at the clutch lever and forgot to plug the wires back into themselves under the front hood/headlight area..

Back