motor bogs when i pull in clutch lever

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetswepa

Reaction score
when ever i pull in the clutch lever to change gears my motor will bog, let the lever go and she runs fine, but every now and then she will bog out for a sec then come back to life even when i'm not touching the lever what is the cause of this? and any sugestions on how to solve the problem? any help would be apreciated

id say its something to do with the wire that connects to the clutch lever you can do something to it but i cant remember right at the moment

The parking brake sensor is also on the clutch perch, it's a convoluted design and if there is any slack in the parking brake cable the switch can activate and will set a rev limiter just above idle. The purpose of this design was so you couldn't ride away with the parking brake set, but you can't really do that anyways because it releases when you pull in the clutch to put it in gear.

So here's the solution:

Remove the headlights (4 bolts), unplug them (2 plugs), and set them aside. Remove the hood (4 screws) and set that to the side. You can let the key switch plugged in and just set the hood out of the way.

Now that you have an open view of the wiring coming from the handlebars down to the rest of the wiring harness, follow the little black wires coming off the clutch perch to where they plug in. The clutch sensor will have 2 seperate spade connectors, you can leave these connected if you want to, or you can just unplug it to avoid having problems with it in the future. If you do unplug it, plug the male and female plugs together in the wiring harness to create a loop and bypass the sensor.

Now on to the parking brake sensor, the real source of the problem. The sensor on the perch and wiring to the harness is the same as the clutch sensor, but has a single white plastic connector where it plugs into the wiring harness. Just unplug this white connector, and tape up the connector on the wiring harness good so that it doesn't get moisture in it. Most likely it won't hurt anything if it does get wet, but it is possible for water to cause it to short which will cause the rev limiter to set in until it dries.

Put it all back together and give it a shot, I bet you'll never have it bog out again.

spoke to soon took it out today for a good run, and it's still doing the same thing, will rev up then boog out then rev then bogg everytime i hit the throttle, we tryed swapping my friends carb today on my machine and it's still doing the same thing, one thing i did notice is, when i disconected the clutch and parking brake lever sensors, dosen't matter if i jump the wires from the harness together or not still runs the same?

it almost feels like i hit the kill switch for a sec then let off again.

Back