more rear shock travel

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headache

Reaction score
Is there a way to extend the travel of the rear shock on a warrior? I know a works or elka rear would help some, but the warrior doesnt travel near as far before bottoming as my LT250R. Has anyone made a different rear link that would help? Just looking for some ideas..

Is there a way to extend the travel of the rear shock on a warrior? I know a works or elka rear would help some, but the warrior doesnt travel near as far before bottoming as my LT250R. Has anyone made a different rear link that would help? Just looking for some ideas..

The 2001 raptor 660 rear shock adds 1 1/2 to 2 inches from what I hear....

Jebby

I have a raptor 660 rear and it adds close to 3 inches more

This would be a great mod too do. The rear end on mine seems to sit pretty low.

What about putting a stock rear banshee shock on there?

that works great for guys weighing round 175 or so the rappy shock works the best for heavyer guys say around 250lbs or so

personally I think using something like a yfz450 swinger, linkage and shock would be the best route. would just have to make a new mounting bracket for the swingarm and upper shock mount. Think about it, more travel, more adjustablity, better chain adjustment, possibly longer, lots of atfermarket stuff for them, stocker are all over ebay. Just my thought. To bad I don't have the money or welder to do it.

Something like this would be nice, everything is there http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YFZ4...ors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0dc3261d

Last edited:
that isn't a bad idea elwood. a yfz swingarm would be nice. I'm sure a new link could be made to improve the warriors stock rear suspension, but you would have to know where to start and what your doing lol.

Back