more jetting questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bickel76

Reaction score
i know there are a lot of messages going on right now about jetting issues and i apoligize if this has already been discussed, but here is my problem. i rebuilt the carb and the warrior sounds and runs much better. i dont have a jet kit and dont really want to spend the money on one because hopefully i'll get an edel soon. anyway, i moved the needle to the richest notch but it still wants to stumble at about 3/4 throttle. it's my understanding that the needle is only for 1/4 - 3/4 throttle, right? so am i needing to bump up the main jet? yamaha said that mikuni doesnt make jets, but i found a ton of them on chapparels site a minute ago. it's also my understanding that say a 145 mikuni isnt the same as a 145 dynojet. found a crossreference chart but have no idea what the stock mikuni main jet is. anyone know or know where i can find out? i dont mind buying a couple of them so i dont have to pay shipping a number of times to get the correct one.

my stock jet was 142.5 if i remember right, and yes, the dynojet and mikuni jets are different. You should be able to buy individual dynojets and bump the main up a size or two...that could solve your problems by the sounds of it.

also be sure that there is nothing in the main jet (blocking the flow) but seeing as you rebuilt the carb i doubt that this is the problem.

The main jet can affect the midrange. Not as much of a change as the needle makes, but all the fuel that passes your needle has to go through the main jet first, so it does make a difference.

Don't get dynojets, just get mikuni jets. That will make it easier to give you a baseline of what sizes to try. Dynojets are sized really weird. Even with a cross-reference chart, it's going to be a pain in the ass. I can tell you that you'll need either a 147.5, 150, or 152 mikuni. Maybe get one or 2 sizes bigger than that too, so you know you won't have to place another order.

Stock mikuni is 145

thanks yamarider. they are only 2.99 each so i dont have a problem buying a few. i just need to figure out which ones exactly. they had a few different "styles" to choose from.

Do you have a link to the page? They should just be called "Mikuni Large Round"

i was thinking second from the bottom on the left column

Back