Misses at mid throttle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slickwarrior

Reaction score
Just bought a 97 warrior with a big bore kit , It starts and runs great but act like it hits the rev limiter at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle.
the head pipe also get red hot . tried raising the main jet up went from a .170 to a .190. any help would be greatl.

ok. i pulled carb apart moved needle all the way down seems to rev a little higher , will update after i can take it out and ride , thanks

slickwarrior said:
Just bought a 97 warrior with a big bore kit , It starts and runs great but act like it hits the rev limiter at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle.
the head pipe also get red hot . tried raising the main jet up went from a .170 to a .190. any help would be greatl.

Main jet is only for 3/4 to full throttle.
Needle is 1/2 to 3/4. So you want to lean that one out by putting the clip to the top or one step at a time so the needle sits lower down into the main jet.

id check that parkiing brake switch. i had a problem with it being bad and not allowing it to rev up. also the pilot needs to be richer.

The parking brake limiter is just above idle, it'd barely move at all if that was the problem. It sounds like it's gotta be something with the needle, too rich or too lean.

Parking brake disconnected, I am going to play around with the needle again today

Back