Metal pieces in oil filter?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was slot of metal pieces in my oil filter, is it cool? Do I need to worry?lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get metal shavings on my oil filter to..... Motor runs good and dont make any funky noise...

What part of St. Louis you in... Im about an hour south of ya..

i just changed my oil and i got a few of both flavors (steel/AL) but i also got a pc of rubber it looks like! where did it come from? ill post pics in a bit, dont let me down-i told my friend ill find out EXACTLY where this came from.....lol...i was bragging on u people:bird::tup:

rubbery stuff = almost certainly clutch fiber from your wet clutches.

hehe, i just found some shavings in my oil filter yesterday.

2013-02-03143124_zpsdb659dc1.jpg

2013-02-03143149_zps85c86849.jpg

some of that gunk is clutch fiber, but there was quite a bit of shavings in there too. dunno bout steel, but alum definitely. i think most of my issue is just the the filter doing it's job and where i had the cover rebuilt and just from being dirty. haven't changed the oil since i put it back together, but i also haven't rode it much since either.

Last edited:
That's nothing. I had metal chunks of trans gear in my the stock stroke engine. I changed the oil back in the summer before a ride and half a thrust washer came out!

That's nothing. I had metal chunks of trans gear in my the stock stroke engine. I changed the oil back in the summer before a ride and half a thrust washer came out!

And damn ol tough warrior kept going

DAM, I hate when that happens:haha:

Anyway, here's my stuff, not much in shavings and the long pc is rubber
IMG_4334_zps4747bef5.jpg

IMG_4327_zps1e9bf52b.jpg

IMG_3377-1.jpg

Im running the filter on the left, this is when it was new, i just cleaned this time, any good???? the other was from my last oil change

I pulled half a socket wrench, a soldering iron, and a trans gear out of a ford out of my effing oil drain hole! Beat that pat!

Back