may be getting a 98 warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zlaw114

Reaction score
hey guys, iv been looking to get a running quad for awhile (i got a quad its just a POS that needs more $$ put in it than its worth)

but anyhow i was wanting to know your thoughts, i would be trading my dirt bike for it.

my bike: 2004 RM85, new top end, great tires, new clutch, new wiseco top end, new water pump, pro taper bars, pro taper grips, ARC folding levers, JT sprokets, renthal chaink, FMF silencer, UFO fenders and side number plates, overall great condition, low hours on wheel bearings, all other bearings were regresed approx 50hrs ago.

warrior: FMF exaust, ITP rims, wore out ITP holeshots (i have almost new tires if they'll fit the rims)

warrior pics:
au8bc0.jpg

282mefb.jpg

my bike pics:

5vpzcl.jpg

so what do ya think? should i trade?

well i got some more info on it... battery is jack and he says the "back brake booster bubble" is busted (can some one tell me what that is lol?)

ya know after looking at it i think its a 1980's model... the hood and head lights are like the 88...

JMHO, DONT DO IT!!! You have a beautiful bike, and that Warrior needs some work. I would just hate to see you trade your bike for that. Sorry if I offended anyone, just wanted to let you know.

yeah...i dont think im gonna get it... i may just text the guy back and tell him its to far gone for me.

EDIT: i am gonna keep searching for a nice warrior to ride, so ill be back someday lol

I think thats a good idea! I would hate to see that bike someday be in the condtion of that quad...

Yeah that bike definitely looks to be from the 80's with the headlight location and nose piece.

As for that "back brake booster bubble" I believe he is referring to the rear master cylinder reservoir. Its #14 in the parts diagram at the link.
http://www.dgy.com/fiche_section_de...&category=ATVs&make=YAMAHA&year=1988&fveh=250

As for the trade... don't do it. At least I wouldn't. The RM is in nice shape and probably worth more. Not only that, sometimes bikes are more fun. I'm glad I have both my YZ and atv's. AlsoI hate to say it but warriors are a dime a dozen. Try to get a newer year one. If the seller is saying its a 98 then either he doesn't really know what year it is, or its a lie. Either which way I'd walk unless they were giving you the bike for $200 and you get to keep your RM.

Either which way, if you keep on the hunt for a warrior, you will be able to find a decent one for a good price usually. And if you don't have much money, get one that needs work. They can be fixed up for real cheap, and building a bike how you want it is just as fun as riding them anyway.

Yeah that bike definitely looks to be from the 80's with the headlight location and nose piece.

As for that "back brake booster bubble" I believe he is referring to the rear master cylinder reservoir. Its #14 in the parts diagram at the link.
http://www.dgy.com/fiche_section_de...&category=ATVs&make=YAMAHA&year=1988&fveh=250

As for the trade... don't do it. At least I wouldn't. The RM is in nice shape and probably worth more. Not only that, sometimes bikes are more fun. I'm glad I have both my YZ and atv's. AlsoI hate to say it but warriors are a dime a dozen. Try to get a newer year one. If the seller is saying its a 98 then either he doesn't really know what year it is, or its a lie. Either which way I'd walk unless they were giving you the bike for $200 and you get to keep your RM.

Either which way, if you keep on the hunt for a warrior, you will be able to find a decent one for a good price usually. And if you don't have much money, get one that needs work. They can be fixed up for real cheap, and building a bike how you want it is just as fun as riding them anyway.

yeah, deff an 80's model. im not trading, as for the bikes more fun thing, i say sometimes they are but i miss the times i would slide my quad sideways in turns and go muddin, you can go muddin on a bike but its not as fun. im not just stuck to warriors, i just want a quad 250cc or bigger, would preffer 250-300cc 4 stroke or 200cc 2 stroke so i can race in the 300 class but i guess i could race the 450 class :atv:

yes i love working on bikes, i cant wait till im 18 so i can go to wyotech or UTI and become a motorcycle mechanic, and my dream is to eventually have a mod shop. after a certain period of time if my bike doesnt break i find a reason to take it apart.

dont do it,get one you dont have to fix

Honestly, when purchasing anything used, you should expect to fix something on it. Even new machines you will have to fix, maybe not right away but sooner or later, because generally they are not even perfect out of the box.

Anyway, right now its a buyers market for ATV's. With the economy being so bad, people cant sell them for what they use to because people are not as willing to spend as much money on toys.
The only ATV's right now that are still demanding higher dollars are 4x4's and 450's. Everything else, especially 2 stroke, is going for much less. Really what it sounds like that you may want to do, is figure out what you want this for because there are many good ATV's out there, but it all comes down to application and what you want to do with it.

The Warrior is a great atv in its own setting. By that I mean its a great general fun sport quad. It is not the fastest, nor does it have the best suspension. But it can do many things, and is relatively bullet proof and reliable.

Honestly, when purchasing anything used, you should expect to fix something on it. Even new machines you will have to fix, maybe not right away but sooner or later, because generally they are not even perfect out of the box.

Anyway, right now its a buyers market for ATV's. With the economy being so bad, people cant sell them for what they use to because people are not as willing to spend as much money on toys.
The only ATV's right now that are still demanding higher dollars are 4x4's and 450's. Everything else, especially 2 stroke, is going for much less. Really what it sounds like that you may want to do, is figure out what you want this for because there are many good ATV's out there, but it all comes down to application and what you want to do with it.

The Warrior is a great atv in its own setting. By that I mean its a great general fun sport quad. It is not the fastest, nor does it have the best suspension. But it can do many things, and is relatively bullet proof and reliable.

pretty well what i want is a 250cc+ quad that can stand up to trail riding and cross country racing and be cheap and reliable. basicly an a honda XR in quad form, i emailed a guy about a 2000 400EX that has an electrical short, if he'll trade for my bike im gonna fix it and ride :atv: 400EX is second best to the 450 from what i know.

It use to be... the suzuki z400 is actually better than the 400 ex. Until the 450's were running main stream, people would race the z400's and 400ex's against the 250R's.

The Z400 is liquid cooled, DOHC, also has a frame with 250R geometry, as well as reverse.

But I believe the 400ex is slightly more reliable than the z400.
Either which way... a 400ex, modded warrior, or z400 would be good for any of that with the 400ex and warrior's being more on the cheap and reliable end.

yeah... z400's seem pretty popular, if i could afford any bike i want it would be a suzuki quadzilla 500cc's of 2 stroke fury! lol but i would be lucky to get a 400ex, they're pretty high priced around here (on my budget)

IMO its really hard to find an equal trade or a trade more in your favour. If I was you I'd try selling the bike then buying a wheeler you'll probly come out better in the end. Or just keep it... it looks nice :)

Back