Manual clutch wolverine

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry03250

Reaction score
I just came across a 1999 wolverine 350 and I can get it pretty cheap.I have always had this dream of making a wolverine manual clutch and modding the **** out of it. I really love the wolverine already Stock and I just can't bring myself to buy a big ass belt drive big bore that weighs 5 tons and costs 9,000. If anyone has heard of a manual clutch wolverine or has pics or info I would greatly apreciate it.

Generally speaking anything can be done, but for what price or how many headaches until I get it rite. But I am going to go look at the wolverine tommorrow and probly pick it up and and if I do i will find some way to make it work. Hopefully.

Thanks for the link blubber. What's crazy is I talked to a customer at the shop today and he actually new a guy a couple counties over that had one he had built but it was a big bear 400 engine In a wolverine frame that was converted to manual clutch.he also owns a machine shop. Go figure

man i like this idea, a 400 stroker wolverine 4x4 manual clutch, just wat i need for the muddy days

Just keep in mind that if you wanna turn big mud tires you'll want to swap that high speeded wolverine bottom end for one off of a big bear 400.

Let me clarify ... you can turn modest mud tires with the stock bottom end but for for the real big mud tires you'll want lower gearing. Also if you can get your hands on a Warn 424 select (which is no longer manufactured) you can disable the front diff when you don't need 4 wheel drive. I'd love to have a setup like that.

Call Mickey at FST, they used to do it, and I'm sure he'd still do it, it's a matter of modifing the clutch cover and removing the centrifical weight assembly, and possibly maching a new clutch hub. A guy on ATV connection had a 446 Wolverine with a manual clutch. Musta been pretty awsome.

Sounds like it would be a lot of fun to ride. Might start looking for a wolverine.

Back