Making winter mod list. Stuck

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2001warrioryfm350

Reaction score
Okay gathering up my shopping list for the warrior this winter.

ASR +2 Racing A-Arms
Extended brake lines
Superior Suspension aftermarket shocks.

Now I have the "stock" sprocket setup and I can't touch my buddys 400ex. Now, Im not sure if going down 2 teeth in the rear will help any...because it winds out a lot. I don't want to put a ridiculous amount of money into the motor when I can do something simple to keep up with them, Im the only one with a 350 and even my friends Mojave can stay ahead of me. Same with my other buddys ttr-125 I have to wind the piss out of it to get it to keep up.....should changing the teeth on the sprockets help me with my speed problem? I might end up putting hotcams and port and polishing it, my cousin can do it all for free. But I need to buy the hotcams and what not...guys got any suggestions?

Keep on :atv:

14-40 or 14-38 should work if your running 22'sin back otherwise if your running 20's go with 15-40 but I would suggest doing a couple motor mods if you go 15-40

Alright thanks, and do you know how much of a difference port and polish and hotcams does with these warrior motors? I haven't searched around the forum yet, but I just wanna know if it makes much of a difference. Because Ill most definitely do that over boring it any day.

I just wanna know how much more hp it makes or something. It'll be nice to have and also how much of a difference does a air intake make? with bigger intake and K&N air filter?

with the right carb and a bigger intake & filter it can be a whole other beast with a good p&p and HC

So what kind of carb would I look to invest into to get the BEST power out of my beast? :evilface:

there's a few to choose from
like I'm running a 2007 yfz450 39mm fcr
and there's the VM round slide 2 stroke carbs work very well and easy to tune
or if you can get your hands on a Edelbrock they are according to Sparkymichigan one of the easiest carbs to tune
I'm sure other guys will chime in and help ya more than I can on the carb choice but those are the 3 main top carbs for upgrading to

it all depends on the kind of riding your gonna be doing is how you should base your choices off of

Back