Maier plastics and IMS tank?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usdsk8er540

Reaction score
hey, just curious if anyone has tried this. has anyone tried to put the updated/racing plastics for the warrior on with an ims gas tank? im thinking it would be a little difficult and might involve some cutting, but might be pretty cool. anyone ever tried this?

I never heard of anyone trying this, but being that the IMS tanks completely eliminate the tank cover, i don't think the maier plastics would fit around it at all. You'd probably end up cutting out the whole gas tank area if you were really hellbent on making a set fit, which would look like hell.

hmmmm. well if i can find a set of the front race plastics for cheap i may look into trying this. im sure if someone were to take their time on it and do it right, it might look okay. it would be nice if maier made the race hood that fit on the stock warrior plastics, but they make more money if you have to buy both. oh well. thanks yamarider

my friend put the racing plastics on his warrior i don;t think it would reall work due to the way it bolts together, on the race plastis it has no tank cover and is one huge peice and it bolts together on top of the gastank part and where the gastank bolts in under the seat where the stock plastics are bolted to the side i mean i am sure you could cut and make some new mounting places its just a matter if you can make it look good i will get a picture for you of what i am trying to explain hahah

right on. ya a pic would help. i may try this but i may not. just depends on funds. thanks yall.

I thought about doing this, but seemed like a really expensive mistake should it not work out.

Back