Magura hyd. clutch

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad450warrior

Reaction score
Hey Deadlastracing,
How do U like the hyd. clutch. I've been thinking about using one in dirt drag racing & use it like a line lock. When I pull in the clutch, mash a button beside the clutch & release the clutch & then when the lights go down release the button which will release the clutch.

I live it! Deff one of my fav mods. Sidewayz33 on here has one as well. Super smooth and could pull for days with no arm pump, now the throttle lever is a whole nother thing! hahaha No need for a button if you get it, you could hold the lever in for hours with out gettin strain.....and no more corroded line either!

deadlastracing said:
I live it! Deff one of my fav mods. Sidewayz33 on here has one as well. Super smooth and could pull for days with no arm pump, now the throttle lever is a whole nother thing! hahaha No need for a button if you get it, you could hold the lever in for hours with out gettin strain.....and no more corroded line either!
SWEET clutch , I love mine. super smooth, and easy to pull.

$200 new. The newest Polaris's have them factory, try and find a used one. Also have fun tryin to find Mineral Oil for it.

deadlastracing said:
$200 new. The newest Polaris's have them factory, try and find a used one. Also have fun tryin to find Mineral Oil for it.

Mobil 1 ATF works fine in magura clutches. It's what I use in my KTM.

yupp, fluid is always gunna trump the cable setup. The cable will grow rough over time because grime can get into the line.

and where can you get Mobil 1 ATF? Autozone? I have a big bottle of mineral oil so I'm good for a while but good to know for the future.

deadlastracing said:
yupp, fluid is always gunna trump the cable setup. The cable will grow rough over time because grime can get into the line.

and where can you get Mobil 1 ATF? Autozone? I have a big bottle of mineral oil so I'm good for a while but good to know for the future.

yep, autozone, walmart, etc. I don't think it has to be mobil 1, but that's what I use because it's synthetic ATF. ATF will only work if your clutch specifies mineral oil. If it specifies brake fluid do not use ATF.

The pull strain isn't the problem with me. I think I can let a little button out easier than letting out the clutch lever. This would make my reaction time better when I race. You guys don't know it but I'm 50 yrs. old & still wanting to race. When U get this old the reaction times slow down. LOL

Hooking it up will be easy. You buy a line lock for a car. It's what they use when the do a burnout in the waterbox. They hold the button & when the tires are hot they release it & they move forward as the water is dried from the tires & they get traction.

All I got, as of now. I can snap some more if needed.

P6150035.jpg

Got any of it at the clutch cover & how it mounts on the case?
If U got the time, have someone take a tape measure & measure it at the cylinder to the arm & measure it closed & then engage the clutch & measure it again. That's the throw of the rod.
There is one on e-bay I'm watching that works on a Banshee & I hope it will work, very good price!!!

Not the best pic but you can see it there, uses factory cable clamp

PC270071.jpg

Why you worried about the throw? It fully engages and dis engages the rod and on the lever there is a knob you can turn to let your pull out or bring it in (red thing on the inside of the leaver)

Back