Machine shuts off when put in reverse

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple questions

does the machine lurch when you put it in gear,

is it a sudden shutoff,

does the reverse light come on.

Couple questions

is it a sudden shutoff,

Hi thanks for replying!
It does not lurch when put in gear.
Yes it is sudden.
The reverse light didn’t work anyway so I can know.
Please write back
Couple questions

is it a sudden shutoff,

Hi thanks for replying!
It does not lurch when put in gear.
Yes it is sudden.
The reverse light didn’t work anyway so I can know.
Please write back
i have a good feeling a safety switch is in play here or maybe a loose ground or wire coming from the reverse lever,

once its in reverse can you restart the machine and ride in reverse?

i have a good feeling a safety switch is in play here or maybe a loose ground or wire coming from the reverse lever,

once its in reverse can you restart the machine and ride in reverse?
Hi all wires and levers look just as before. When it shuts off off I try starting it with or withou The clutch it cannot start. I have to put it in neutral or gear to start it

Hi all wires and levers look just as before. When it shuts off off I try starting it with or withou The clutch it cannot start. I have to put it in neutral or gear to start it
alright i would first try disconnecting the wire from the reverse lever. that should determine if its an electrical issue

Hey, just messaging to verify if doing such helped with the issue

Hey no it still shuts off
Alright next potential fix is a clutch safety wire I know that runs from the clutch perch, heard that when it's loose or disconnected the same issue could happen, other than that I could only assume it's a grounding issue or a transmission issue

Latest posts

Back