lt-r450?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mclarenkid69

Reaction score
yep im moving to something bigger now saying i only been on the raptor for a year...

but i need to buy this new quad so im going to make it a good one...

I was looking to getting the suzuki lt-r450.. my frind and his bother owns them and they said they are fast and good for racing..

soo is that a good choice saying that i want to try racing or atleast go to track..

as well as is that good over the yfz,trx,or kfx?

If all you plan to do with it is MX, it's a great choice. If you're planning to trail ride also, I'd look at a YFZ, 450R, or the new Kawi. You'll destroy a lt-r in the woods in no time.

yea the ltr is like the slowest i heard but they'll beat the rest on the track i heard, the yfz would be the next best choice i think,stay away from the kawi 450 tho its alrdy having problems give them a while to fix the probs becuz kawi's engine is the strongest of the 450 engines on dirtbikes so it cant be too far off on quads...

the the ltr450 is to wide for the wides..william yokely had to put a shorter axle on his..if your going to be in the woods alot get the yfz..cousin has one and its ******* awesome he races XC

its all what suits you....got o a dealer and sit on each. im a big guy so i like the fit and feel of the 450r. the ltr also feels very comfortable to me.

each motor pulls hard.

to say the ltr is slow isnt a fact- it comes set up for the track but is great for anything. a slight change in gears, cherry bomb, baffle removed, and lid off will make it fly!! guy i rode with clocked his at 88 with simple gearing and minor mods such as pipe, piston and cherry bomb

my opinions.
450r-can do anything.... stock tires suck but change those into whatever tires fit you and you ahve an awesome bike that is mx, xc, worcs, and dune proven!

yfz- too cramped for me but might be a good choice for you. motor is very strong and hits slighty harder than a honda down low. pipe nerfs, and the correct tires will do it right.

ltr-amazing.... very comfy and handles the track quite well considering thats what it was designed for. again, the right stuff will set you up correctly, a taller tire might work for you, or the stocks that are used by team suzuki for certain races last year.

kfx450- felt like yfz to me when i sat on it. i felt as if i was on it and not "in it". just a personal preference. slides like a yfz, and sounds like a regeared ltr from what everyone is claiming for speed.

each 450 does it all. they are so light i havent even used reverse, only my weight to roll it back or turn around. the kfx didnt impress me at all. i would rather have the ltr because i ride tracks and some fast trails. if i could do it again it would be the ltr. my honda still needs some stuff for the track.

again... try em all out or at leats sit on them. love my honda, would buy an ltr next. bottom line

One thing I have to disagree with is that each 450 does it all. The lt-r is about useless in the woods. IF you want to dump money into an axle and A-arms to narrow it so you can ride it in the woods it's ok. Otherwise it's an accident waiting to happen in the woods. That's the exact reason I didn't buy one. Other than that I pretty much agree with the above post.

my freinds have a 450r fmf pipe, power bomb, nerf bars holeshot XCR's,bumper, and rims, the other has a 2006 450r fmf pipe, power bomb, bumper, a-arms, axle, brakes, steal braided lines, stem, bars, shocks, rev box, tires, rims, grahics kit, jet kit, nerf bars, pegs, EVERY THING. and my OTHER freind has a stock LTR. Louie( guy with the 1st 450r, is the BEST rider around this county.) he can smoke Gary( guy with the 2nd 450r) in ANY thing. Drag, trails, track. every thing. he can even smoke the LTR. but the brandon on the LTR can smoke the the guy on the built 450r. So it's Basicly all rider skill. I Like the Honda 450r, ( the 450r or 250r WILL be my nex quad after the blaster) but thats because i have " grown" up around them, and seen what they can do. But the LTR does NOT suck for trails. My freinds ltr has all most gone every where my freinds 450r's go.... cept for hill ( louie is the best, i remind you) but if you put equal riders on all of them, and put some 20's on the ltr. they will all be the same. So it's not so much as which one is better, its more of what do you like more. you WILL be happy with any one of these. Just pick a brand, and do it!

I think that if your trails are wide enough the ltr can do well without being narrowed. but for most it is to wide. I've personally only ridden on a Honda 450 of those, and i liked the way it felt and rode for a stock machine.

Well heres what my friend did... all he did was take his baffle out and got a cherry bomb and he got 7hp!!!! thats a **** load for these machines..

but i know how wide the ltr is thats one of the reason why i want it...

but im 5.8 145lbs so that bike is going to pull me but good.

oh fyi i can't find a arms or axle that is wider then stock there all shorter lol

When I bought my LTR i was worried about how it would do on the trails. But the width and low ground clearance turned out to not really matter as much as I would have thought.

If you plan on doing any kind of racing you can't go wrong with the LTR, most people pay a couple thousand to get their quads to 49" wide. The power is right in line with all the other 450's, if there equally modded its going to come down to whose a better rider. And don't forget about the fuel injection. Here in colorado i can trail ride at 9000 ft. above sea level one day and go race at 5000 ft. the next without having to deal with rejeting and the bike runs like a champ.

My second choice would be the KFX, I've been pretty impressed with what I've seen from them so far.

i like how your getting a faster quad but read your sig..lol

Hahahaha but anyways i would say yfz450 or 450r, there both good in both mx and trails. Just look at the mx and gncc stats, Well the 450r is at the top 2 of both of them. Actualy i would say the 450r if anything because its just so bad ass. And it will last forever because its a honda ;)

I also have to disagree about the lt-r450 being to wide for trails. My lt250r is as wide as the r450 and is 4 inches longer with my extended swinger and i can zip thru all the trails up here with no problem. Like what was said before the yfz and the trx both to me feel like your sitting on them instead of in them, both, to me at least, have an awkward center of gravity. I like the way the LTR rides, feels really stable, with a very usable center of gravity. I have no experiance with the kfx yet, but it should just be a matter of time till someone in my group buys one and I get to test it out. Oh and the cherry bomb is a must for the LTR

There's a reason most XC racers shoot for 46" wide, and it's because 49" is too wide...lol. I don't know where you guys live, but come try to ride the trails in PA with one and you're gonna regret it. My 416 is right at 46.5 and at times I have a hard time squeezing thru trees. I guess if you live somewhere (and I'm sure some of you do) where the trails are wide open, or more like dirt roads it would be fine, but not around here. It's a shame because it's an awesome bike out of the box, just no good for what I want to do with it and the area I live in.

The lt-r is probably the fastest out of the lot, You have to realize that if you leave it how it is out of the show room it will run with the z400's, but if you remove the baffle, and remove the lid, You'll be ahead of the other 450's by a few miles, nothing too much. Suzuki had so many restrictions they had to work with on this quad. If you put a cherry bomb, the lt-r will beat the other 450's no doubt.

my neighboor took out his ltr450 out in the woods and fucked it up pretty quick. It sits low and wide not good for trails. For trails I like the raptor 700 pleanty of power and great for the trail.

I'd say the yfz. New intake and exhaust does wonders for the motor which is awesome enough. Plusher suspension anyway.

450r is setup too stiff suspension wise to make it a good trail quad. Swap it out or get revalved and your in there.

ltr I think would be too wide and needs to be regeared. ade for MX not woods riding. Anyone know how it is on ground clearance?

Kawi - Don't know anything about it. Might wait until after the first generation just so they can work out the bugs.

Personally, I'd say go with 700 if you are planning to do trail riding with more speed. JMO but its all a matter of preference.

yeah.. i know my cuzin has one and it is wonders.. but i want to start up mx and ill be 16 in less then a month so i will be able to bring it to tracks

Back