LRD exhaust dyno chart

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mabe we'll have to contact LRD and get the scoop on the bike they tested on. It's amazing how many people refuse to believe because they were told somthing else by someone who probably doesn't even own a YFM350.

When i dropped all the money into my quad it didnt feel much faster to be 100% honest. When i found out how much faster it was was when i compared it to the other machines around me.

Its only a 6 hp gain
Exhaust-2
jetting-1
lid off-2

Maybe slightly exagerated but not by much.

Mabe we'll have to contact LRD and get the scoop on the bike they tested on. It's amazing how many people refuse to believe because they were told somthing else by someone who probably doesn't even own a YFM350.

Dave it's an 8 ******* horsepower increase. Think about that. A high compression piston, cam, porting pipe and carb kit will get you about 8 to 10 more HP then stock.. How can just a pipe do that. Really?

What is so different from a warrior to a raptor engine?
I'm not trying to take away anything from LRD because they do some great work. But this pretty far out there. IMO.

If you are starting out with a machine that has around 35 hp and put on a pipe and get an 8 hp jump, which still sounds like a lot for just a pipe, that translates to a 22% increase in power.

If you put a pipe on a 21 hp raptor and claim an 8 hp jump in power you are saying just adding a pipe will give you a 38% jump in power. :eek:

Saying it another way, you have a 38% jump in power on a 35 hp quad that would translate to a 13 hp jump with just a pipe.

Claiming an 8 hp jump on the Raptor with just a pipe goes a little beyond just an exaggeration.

[quote:s0bl7da1]Mabe we'll have to contact LRD and get the scoop on the bike they tested on. It's amazing how many people refuse to believe because they were told somthing else by someone who probably doesn't even own a YFM350.

What is so different from a warrior to a raptor engine?
I'm not trying to take away anything from LRD because they do some great work. But this pretty far out there. IMO.[/quote:s0bl7da1]

Raptor 350s come with a different carb, a slightly better cam, and a better exhaust stock. Thats the diff,between an 18HP Warrior and a 22HP raptor, nothing increadable but a little difference. Most good exhausts just bolted on will add 18% or in this rators case 3.9HP, now jet it, take the airbox lid off and put a freer flowing filter in and theres another 1 or 2HP. Anyway if you read it right it only made 5.2HP total to 27.3, that 8HP came at a point in the RPM where the motor was making about 15HP with the stock pipe and the LRD pipe brought it to 22 at 5600 RPM. I remember the old Two Brothers site showing a Warrior making 18HP stock and adding the e series just bolted on making 22HP, thats an 18% increase. Now none of this is fact, it's what I've read and heard over the years. I've also read those mods listed, done to a YFZ 450 will make 52HP from 39, thats about a 35% increase.

Check out the graph it's not 8 HP total it's more like 5. The LRD system smoothed out the power band so much it actually made 8HP more at that given point. This is very understandable, aftermarket exhausts are tuned to smooth out the powerband.
raptor350dyno.gif

Looks to me to be right around 26-27

Very realistic if the motor was both jetted and the lid was removed.

Thats right around a stock 400ex number and a piped raptor 350 with a good rider should be able to edge one or run right next to it.

The 8 horsepower increase is right around 5700 RPM which would be a very very nice place to have the extra power where the raptor 350 and warrior lack stock.

So 27.3 HP add a high compression piston, cam, porting, and a carb kit which should add at least 5-8 horsepower. 32 to 35 hp. That's so impressive it's unbelievable. Alba racing 400 stroker kit makes this much power. Honestly, if you can make a stock (cam) Rator, make that much power, 20 hp at 9500 rpm with just a pipe and jetting, I'd **** myself... Your better get your the boat because it's getting pretty deep in here. And if they can't blow anymore smoke up your ass there's that 8 hp increase at 5700 rpm. I get a laugh out of you guy's that actually believe this ****.

GYTR™ Oval Muffler

Passes the 96 dBA 20" stationary test used by authorites in some public riding areas. Provides over 25% increase in midrange horsepower and a 2 peak horsepower gain.

This is taken from yamahas homepage. 25% midrange gain ain´t
so bad. I don´t think it´s completely impossible to get a 5hp gain like the LRD pipe. The stock muffler has not free flow through it. My GYTR muffler has free flow through it, just a pipe straight trough. A exhaust on a 4 stroke engine doesn´t need to be fine tuned like a 2 stroke engine does. But still, it isn´t completely unimportant how the exhaust is designed.

(I hope the spelling is correct, i am from sweden you know....)

So 27.3 HP add a high compression piston, cam, porting, and a carb kit which should add at least 5-8 horsepower. 32 to 35 hp. That's so impressive it's unbelievable. Alba racing 400 stroker kit makes this much power. Honestly, if you can make a stock (cam) Rator, make that much power, 20 hp at 9500 rpm with just a pipe and jetting, I'd **** myself... Your better get your the boat because it's getting pretty deep in here. And if they can't blow anymore smoke up your ass there's that 8 hp increase at 5700 rpm. I get a laugh out of you guy's that actually believe this ****.

Unbelievable is beating stock raptors....and ive done that already.

All that work done to yours and you dont believe your making around 32-35 horsepower? Id hope you are... thats alot of work.

The thing with alba's stroker is that i dont think the horsepower numbers are with cam and diffrent carb, porting ETC.

You mean beating a stock 660 raptor? Well there are so many things that come into play here. Fact is dyno's don't lie. This isn't even a real dyno jet sheet, remember that.
I have no idea how much power I'm making as I never dyno'd it before and after. White bro's has a piston, cam kit that claims 5 hp increase. I believe Alba racing has a piston, cam kit they claim 3 to 5 hp. Powroll claims 35% increase with the same piston/cam kit I have. So really, there all right there. Think about that. Now to say a pipe can add more power then these items...
Alba told me they dyno'd there 400 with a WB carb and MegaCycle cam 276 duration race cam. They said it was right at 34-35 hp.
I went to school and got to use a wheel dyno on a couple phases through class. Just learning how doing different things effects (mods) the out come of power and how it effect through out the power band has made me realise much more then just taking the lid off adds 2 hp.

Everyone has there own opinions, Jason, believe what you want and I'll believe what I want, I think it's time to lock this now........................................................ ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back