Lowering kit FAIL!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jareddd96

Reaction score
well you guys were right, the rear lowering kit was weak. first ten minutes of trail riding with it we had to cross some railroad tracks.. got stuck so lifted on grab bar when we got it over the rear lowering kit was hanging.. it was an adjustable one with threads, the threads pulled right out.. thanks for my friends brother who came up with a temporary fix of using a tow rope to hold it together.. and it worked the rest of the day riding, about 3 hours!

Before it broke
quad-3.jpg

The tow rope trick
loweringkitbreak1.jpg

Again
loweringkitbreak2.jpg

Had some extra slack..
loweringkitbreak3.jpg

Well that just sucks you should post this in the product reviews someone night be looking for something like this someday when thinking about buying a lowering kit like this.

Tyler said:
Well that just sucks you should post this in the product reviews someone night be looking for something like this someday when thinking about buying a lowering kit like this.

Very good idea. I use that section before I buy ANYTHING. Sorry about it breaking man. I guess lesson learned!

So you mean when you took the weight off the lowering link thats when it came apart ? Seems like when the back of the shock mount came to a screeching hault on the log , that would have pulled the threads out . Anyways , thats the problem with that kind of lowering link. I built mine at home from square tube - with holes for adj. no room for error . Yours would have lasted much longer in a flattrack style enviroment. They do hang very low.

jareddd96 said:
yeaa and also i dont think the thing was screwed in all the way so it only had 1 or 2 threads to rip out
You may be able to rethread it and use it then .

looks like 1 side was barely in and the other side all the way. might be able re tap it and get it back in there. stuff like that you need it even on both sides or close. usually one side is reverse threaded on one side so u can turn it and it goes in on both sides.

Back