Low voltage

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlbcqst316

Reaction score
I have an 04 it's built to a 400. I've had the starter tested and it's good. They said it looks like I have low voltage. Any ideas on the cause. The bike runs great just won't start. It will roll off easy.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

You can't pop start it? If you can start it let it warm up and check what voltage is going to your battery. Might need a stator. But your not really describing your issue to well. Did you charge the battery? If it is charged and you hit the button still nothing check voltage at starter

I have an 04 it's built to a 400. I've had the starter tested and it's good. They said it looks like I have low voltage. Any ideas on the cause. The bike runs great just won't start. It will roll off easy.

Have you checked you grounds?
Have you tested the stator?
If its turning over real slow and knocking while doing it you may need a new starter clutch, if its not then ya may need to charge and/or get a new battery.

How much does the stator have to with starting? Does it provide voltage in the process? I thought it just charged afterwards.

you can test stator with a multimeter easily. The stator pickup works with the flywheel to create an electromagnetic field to generate a spark if that helps any lol. But like alex said if it is turning over really slow it is most likely starter clutch, pull stator cover off and if the starter and the gear behind the flywheel is spinning fast but the flywheel is not or spinning slow then it is your starter clutch. as for the start button not working i had the same problem on mine and it was the neutral/reverse sensors that thread into the block itself on the lefthand side. Best bet would be to invest in a clymer service manual it shows you how to test each and every little piece on that bike except for cdi

Back