Looking at a Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrioracer08

Reaction score
Hey guys. I haven't been on in a VERY LONG time. On Want Ad Digest I'm looking at a 2003 Yamaha Warrior. They say it's mostly for parts but it is completely there and nothing is missing. Plastics and seat are fine. It has new holeshots on the rear tires. The frame and suspension are both good they say. But it doesn't run :'( I'm calling about it today and if you know anything I should ask to find out that'd be great. Do you have any ideas what could be wrong? I was thinking maybe the starter...?or CDI box or something but i don't really know.

Thanks for the helps guys.

Cody

There's tons of things that could be keeping it running. It could be something as small as a clogged jet, or as major as a completely blown engine. You'll have to talk to the owner and find out some more information. How much are they asking for it?

Thanks for the help guys. I was looking to keep it though and try to figure out what's wrong with it. Anything I should specifically ask them about it?

what happened to stop it from running
does it turn over
how is the eletrical
check all frame welds and pivot points
check shocks
sheck case by the chain
rust (surface or deep)

also check the wheel bearings in the front and the swinger and axel bearings in the rear

Ok I will when I go to look at it. I called the guy today when I got home from school and he still has it. Asked him the questions Justin had posted. The quad doesn't sound too to bad now. He bought it 3 months ago. He said it does start but it doesn't stay running. When it starts the top end makes a funny noise(don't know the noise specifically). Any ideas what that could be? Justin said it could be the valves, seals, carb could need to be emptied. Any other ideas on what it could be? I asked about the frame and if there are any cracks, dents or spots that had to be re-welded and he said no, the frame is in very good condition. Alright guys, leave the comments.

Thanks

an 03 should be selling for at least 1500 in running condition. This one runs at 500. Buy it!!! Its running, but needs work. You can buy an engine for less than $500. I just bought one for $300 due to a roached crank bearing - Combined the 2, new piston, rings, gaskets and timing chain. Having a friend with some know how to get you through it will help or just pay a service dept to do a full inspection. You can easily get your money back if its a loser.

Back