LOL, any karters in here?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonS

Reaction score
Picked her up this morning. Don't know a **** about karts in general. It's the first kart I've had in over 20yrs since me and my brother had one growing up. It's got a Briggs 5hp w/ header and some type of air diffuser inside the carb(?). Best part is it runs good with a little tuning needed and only needs a chain. Scored it for 50 bux!

2012-12-20120257.jpg

2012-12-20120309.jpg

2012-12-20120324.jpg

2012-12-20120359.jpg

My son, and I are building one out of a wagon. I have a 40cc chainsaw motor for it, but it's on stand still till I can get some more steel for the frame.

My son is 4, and he took it all apart himself.
Mylennswagon1.jpg

We're building it Rat Rod style. The motor is gonna sit in the back.
Mylennswagon2.jpg

That will be interesting dude. If I end up keeping this one I'd like to ditch the 4poke for a small bore 2 smoke. I think this is gonna be cool though. I've already got the chain for it just need to cut it to fit.

Haha, I just gave this back to the uncle that gave it to me as a kid. He has kids now. I have a ton of memories on it, and now its time to pass that on. We just fixed it up and gave it back, well not before I could go a rip up the old neighborhood on it. New engine, new tires, painted rims and other stuffs. Fun times.

1497485419_photobucket_232080_.jpg

1497485419_photobucket_232079_.jpg

The 6hp we threw on it was on sale for $100 from Harbor freight. Sure as hell beats the old 3.5 that was on there when I was a kid.

If I end up keeping this one I'd like to ditch the 4poke for a small bore 2 smoke. I think this is gonna be cool though.
Yah things like homemade go karts are no fun if they don't go fast enuf to hurt yourself. lol

I ordered a B5 tuned pipe for the saw motor I have, and I'm gonna do some chamber work to the head. Maybe clean up the ports a bit..
I'm hope'n it'll make over 10hp.. :evilface:
I'm only limited by what the clutch will hold though. Which isn't much..
But if I can get it rev'n, the pipe should make up for that.

I just want it to spin the tires.

Digging the whitewalls! I just got rid of my cart. Bought it for 20.00 of the side of the road. Had a cool z'd frame and stuff. Had a 10hp kohler for it but no time to finish it

Those whites are just painted on.. lol
I used that duplicolor hot tires paint. One tube did 2 tires.
But I want to get some wide rear go kart tires for it, and some 10" spokes for the front (with air filled tires).

It's supposed to turn out look'n like a cross between a gasser, and a topfuel car.

That's my style cart right there! Gonna be cool. Wish I had cool **** like that when I was a kid!

Those are some awesome carts. Love the brakes on yours Deadlast. I used to run around with a buddy that raced them. We were getting like 12 horse out of a Briggs 5 horse.

oh come on now Mathius you can't tell me you couldn't hurt yourself with a 1600cc VW powered big boy Go Cart? lol

Back