Little smoke on cold start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerman2701

Reaction score
So my quad just got rebuilt to the best i could afford and the only real 2 things i see that is a problem is

1. It smokes a little bit on a cold start but once its warm it doesnt smoke? why is this?

2. And also there is a little like cover on the head on the left side of the head it leaks a little oil it seems. Is there a gasket there i need to replace or should i not worry about it?

smoke on start up is generally from valve guide seals leaking oil from the cam area down on top of the piston...

the cam cover you speak of has a oring that can be easily switched out... you probably have to buy a bunch of seals and gaskets to get that on (i dunno)

Just take your old o-ring to the NAPA store or other auto parts store and they can custom make you a new o-ring. It'll be a lot cheaper than going to the Yama store.

My warrior ALWAYS did that, smoked for about 10 seconds then would stop. I was told that the valve seals were getting bad but its not that big a deal it still would run like a champ once it got warmed up.

Back