Little Sahara trip

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galaxy5oo

Reaction score
Here is a couple of pics that I took last weekend. Not real great action shots, but I hate carrying a camera all the time when we ride. Here is a pic out in front of our camp check out the water standing in the ditch. It rained a ton the night before. The sand was really wet the first day we were there.
e8fb2b10.jpg

The figure 8's were kind of fun

e8fb29dd.jpg

The sand started drying out Saturday morning pretty well. Friend of mine playing around

e8fb2980.jpg

Suburban crossing one of the temporary ponds. He got stuck going up the hill on the other side lol

e8fb28ba.jpg

Another friend of mine coming up a dune

e8fb2911.jpg

My friends daughter riding she likes to roost you when you are not paying attention

e8fb284e.jpg

Camp

e8fb27df.jpg

thats an awesome place to ride man, i wish i could find places like that around where i live

Yea it is an awesome place to ride, but it is a 6 hour drive for me, so I will only get up there about 1 - 3 times a year. I wish we could go more, but it is just to hard to get away long enough to make it worth while. We had a blast though. I wish I would have gone years ago now.

The wickeds make such a big difference. The width makes it feel so much better in the corners on the trails. It just overall feels a lot more stable to me. I am glad I spent the money and got them. I also got my works shocks and they made a big difference. After the rain the dunes get really rough in some areas and it handled it pretty well. It still made you feel like you were getting beat to death sometimes, but my old setup would have felt way worse.

How did the paddles treat ya? I know on the wet sand you had lots of traction, but did it dry out so you could get a good feel for them?

They did pretty well, but like you said the wet sand helped. You were right though I think the sand stars or something like them are better for overall duning. These did decent though. The only time I would get stuck or anything is if I was behind someone and they slowed down going up a tall dune or hill on a trail. I had to keep the rpm's pretty high on mine where the rappys did not have to work as hard to get up them. That one blue rappy has a lot of motor mods. It is ported with a higher comp piston. He made it look easy on the tall dunes where I had to get a run at them. The Warrior did pretty well though and that is to be expected comparing it to a quad with a motor twice a big. Someday I want to try some different paddles just to see how they feel.

Another guy riding with me on a Rappy had some of those ITP straight paddles that were ground rough between the paddles. Man I hated being behind him lol. Those tires throw a roost like 20 to 40 ft. I would be covered in sand if I rode behind him long. It was amazing how much roost those tires would throw.

Back