Liquid cooled warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkster0001

Reaction score
Been thinking About this slot lately and I noticed that the kodiak 400 in 97 had th warrior style motor then around 2003 it had a liquid one. The cylinder and head look very similar 2 valve ohc the only difference I find is tha in the liquids they bring the bore from 83 (386) to 84.5 (401) the cylinders in put for water is on the cylinder and has no dependency from the Craig case from what I tell any thoughts?

the height of the the jug might be different also since it has a different stroke then the warrior. So it may require a crank swap also

hot rods makes a 7mm stroker crank which brings it to 71.5 stroke exact same as kodiak. the bore is 84.5, i dont know if they make 84.5 pistons for a warrior, or if you would use the kodiak piston, int hat case then it comes to whether or not there diameter for the pin and everyhting is right, but that could be machined if it wasnt.

yah the head looks the same, youd have to use a stroker piston i assume not just a 85mm standard stroke warrior piston

Don't know for sure the jug is any taller would half to measure and compare,

The water pump is the easy part you would still haVeto figure out how to mount a radiator and fan and thermastat
mount the radiator same spot as peeps mount the oil cooler with a pull fan under it. Might be able to get away without a thermastat, just take longer to warm up, but the fan can ce set on a toggle switch to help with warming

I was wondering why can't you run a oil cooler too cuzz your taking away from the cooling and adding to the cooling the question would be if you gained more from liquid cooling the air cooling to not need a oil cooler

Back