Linhai

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodgewarrior

Reaction score
Yes i know its chinese brand, im looking for a cheap atv for the wife, And she really likes this, Has any one heard of, or seen one of these in action

175ac09e.jpg
[/IMG]

It's a 300 on the fly 4x4 I've been researching them all afternoon can't find any negative on them watching some videos I can tell it has limited slip front. As for parts the dealer claims to stand behind them. From my understanding linhai has been in the small engine business since the 50s and in 2001 started making atvs joint with Yamaha or something

Last edited:
Chinese ATVS are cheap for a reason, crap quality. You'll be wrenching on it more then you rode it and stuff will wear out and break a lot, in which you will have to replace with the same crap parts because OEM is the only way to go and the quality is only crap.

Chinese ATVS are cheap for a reason, crap quality. You'll be wrenching on it more then you rode it and stuff will wear out and break a lot, in which you will have to replace with the same crap parts because OEM is the only way to go and the quality is only crap.

Lol dead last if I didn't know better I'd swear you where ready to come through the net at me over this lol, I just figured for the wife she won't be riding it stupid hard how much could she break ( famous last words haha)

Honestly, I wouldn't know what to think about it. It could be ok or it could be like most of the Chinese atv's (unreliable).

That's what I figures it looks pretty solid looking over it, but it could be like anything else I could get lucky and get one that's awesome or, get a complete lemon too

When people come into the shop wanting to know if I work on chinese quads, I tell them NO! Parts are hard to get, wiring is a pain in the ass, diagrams are hard to get... the list goes on. Get her a nice used recon, 250ex, etc...

When people come into the shop wanting to know if I work on chinese quads, I tell them NO! Parts are hard to get, wiring is a pain in the ass, diagrams are hard to get... the list goes on. Get her a nice used recon, 250ex, etc...

Yeah I'm not completely sold on this she seems to really like it though.:loco: just trying to get some more info

Those Chinese quads are junk.. Don't waist your money.
Like Pat said. Their hard to get parts for, and info for repairs is sketchy at best..

I dunno what your budget is, and some guys may disagree with me on this. But my wife loves her Polaris.
I got her a 400 scrambler 4x4, but it's to much for her. (I'm not sure what your wife's riding skills are?) My wife has never taken hers outta 2wd..
I've been keep'n an eye on this one in Calgary. It looks real clean, and well kept.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...s-250-Polaris-Trail-Blazer-W0QQAdIdZ397223034

These quads are pretty fast. Their easy to ride, and work on. Their reliable, and parts are cheap.
Not to mention all the goodies you can get for scramblers bolt right on. (like racks, winches ect").

Show it to her, and see what she says??
But I would shy away from the chinese junk.

Yeah I'd even go with th Polaris. And I hate em! But those 400 2 strokes are pretty tough. Thing to do is get her test ride several and make a decision from there. There are several great bikes to choose from. Ozark 250, trx300 2wd or 4wd, bayou 300 with a trx 300 carb, lakota (always liked them), etc... And most of them can be had at great prices. Except the trx300 models, they retain their value well. There is always the z250 or 250ex if she wants something sporty.

Lol she likes it she as for her riding level well my warrior is about it but she doesn't like to shift and itd be nice to have a 4by lol but that's my preference I'm also looking at the kodiaks and a wolverine I found online that needs to be put togeather she was leaning to a sports quad but now she just wants to rip

Last edited:
Polaris Scrammy 4x4. There automatic and easy for the ladies. Can find for cheap too.

Well the polaris has a centrifugal clutch (No gears) and they have reverse. Just put it in gear, and go.

Wolverines have a clutch, and kodiaks hold their value. (I wouldn't buy a used 4x4 unless I new the seller, or he had a gob of receipts for work done)

And I hear ya about wanting a 4x4.. I actually bought the scrambler so I could play to.. lol
I really like it, but have had to pull a few wrenches on it cause I went crazy on some rank trails.. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't buy a 4x4.. They get expensive to fix.

But I'm tell'n ya man, those little Polaris 250's are great for intermediate riders.. They'll pull the front tires, and boogy on the topend. (2 stroke) and with some good tires she'll take it anywhere she wants to go..

My $.02

Well the polaris has a centrifugal clutch (No gears) and they have reverse. Just put it in gear, and go.

Wolverines have a clutch, and kodiaks hold their value. (I wouldn't buy a used 4x4 unless I new the seller, or he had a gob of receipts for work done)

And I hear ya about wanting a 4x4.. I actually bought the scrambler so I could play to.. lol
I really like it, but have had to pull a few wrenches on it cause I went crazy on some rank trails.. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't buy a 4x4.. They get expensive to fix.

But I'm tell'n ya man, those little Polaris 250's are great for intermediate riders.. They'll pull the front tires, and boogy on the topend. (2 stroke) and with some good tires she'll take it anywhere she wants to go..

My $.02

Haha yeah the wolverine was my pick for sure figured she can learn to shift

While on the gook subject, has anyone heard of "coolsport"......my neighbor gave me his MIG and in turn i said id weld up his sons swingarm (here ya go dodge, the junk is broke and i cant find out ****). i just wanted to see what it was all about but havent been able to locate that brand, if anyone has a link send it my way -thanks- (its a 90 i believe)

I'd stay away from the older polaris 4x4s. 3 freakin drive chains is stupid! And a mega pain in the ass. Friend of mine has an older trail boss 250 2x4, that he wants to sell btw, and that things is fuggin fast! Hate belt trannys though. Give me a tried and true foot shifter. Newer wolverines are auto trans I believe. Find a nice timberwolf 4x4, if you can.

I'd stay away from the older polaris 4x4s. 3 freakin drive chains is stupid! And a mega pain in the ass. Friend of mine has an older trail boss 250 2x4, that he wants to sell btw, and that things is fuggin fast! Hate belt trannys though. Give me a tried and true foot shifter. Newer wolverines are auto trans I believe. Find a nice timberwolf 4x4, if you can.

found a few timberwolfs nut theyre gone before i can get to them and the wolverrine im looking at is an 02

While on the gook subject, has anyone heard of "coolsport"......my neighbor gave me his MIG and in turn i said id weld up his sons swingarm (here ya go dodge, the junk is broke and i cant find out ****). i just wanted to see what it was all about but havent been able to locate that brand, if anyone has a link send it my way -thanks- (its a 90 i believe)

mrjimn i donno if this is what your looking for but its something i found http://www.motopartscenter.com/tags/Cool-Sports-ATV-Parts/

Yes i know its chinese brand, im looking for a cheap atv for the wife, And she really likes this, Has any one heard of, or seen one of these in action

175ac09e.jpg
[/IMG]

It's a 300 on the fly 4x4 I've been researching them all afternoon can't find any negative on them watching some videos I can tell it has limited slip front. As for parts the dealer claims to stand behind them. From my understanding linhai has been in the small engine business since the 50s and in 2001 started making atvs joint with Yamaha or something

im a little late to the party but a friend of mine has one of these his parents bought him and its on its 3rd motor DONT BUY THIS JUNK

Back