Lights ???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaz9291

Reaction score
I've been thinking of changing my Warrior's lights to something different, but I don't know what. Like I want it to look cool, and the stock ones are OK but there so big and like bug eyed lol, I was thinking of maybe putting on different one's. Anyone have any ideas?

Also what shocks can you put on a Warrior without making major modifications? Because I here Warrior shocks aren't very good.

Most of the guys that replace the warrior headlights go with ones something like this:

bd6789c775a57bbd99359a8c704f6d2d.jpg

They're nice because they're small, so they give you all kinds of mounting options. You can mount them on the bumper mounts like mine, tucked up under the plastics on the shock mounts, or on the handlebars so they aim where you're turning to. If you're interested, I may sell mine, as i'm thinking about putting the stock lights back on it for a "sleeper" look.

maybe something like 60 shipped for the lights, and that includes like 8 extra bulbs, which normally cost $5 each by themselves. You just have splice them in to the existing wiring harness where the old lights plugged in.

I'm not sure of the brand name. It's not trail tech, those are billet aluminum. These use the same bulbs, but they housing is chrome steel.

I took a piece of sheet metal and riveted it to the underside of where the light bracket came through in the hood. Then I mounted a pair of $15 automotive aftermarket foglights that I found at an auto parts store. They're alot smaller than stock, so they look alot better and it still keeps with the lights on the hood stock look. Plus they're damn bright for $15 lights and they have 2 modes. I don't have any pictures though.

About the shocks, there are enough aftermarket options, and Banshee shocks fit the front and rear, and the Raptor 600 shock fits the rear.

and the Raptor 600 shock fits the rear.

Only the 2001 raptor 660 rear fits. It has a remote rezzie whereas the others have piggybacks that hit the air box. You can mod your air box to make them work though.

Well he said without major mods, cutting the airbox up a bit is pretty minor, just forgot to mention it.

[quote:msvtyt3u]and the Raptor 600 shock fits the rear.

Only the 2001 raptor 660 rear fits. It has a remote rezzie whereas the others have piggybacks that hit the air box. You can mod your air box to make them work though.[/quote:msvtyt3u]

Actually, it's the banshee shocks that require cutting of the airbox to make them work. Any year raptor shock other than 2001 has an OFFSET piggyback reservoir. The issue isn't the airbox getting in the way, the reservoir actually will hit the swingarm and probably bust the shock to pieces the first time you hit a good bump with it.

[quote:74ieyhgb]

Only the 2001 raptor 660 rear fits. It has a remote rezzie whereas the others have piggybacks that hit the air box. You can mod your air box to make them work though.

Actually, it's the banshee shocks that require cutting of the airbox to make them work. Any year raptor shock other than 2001 has an OFFSET piggyback reservoir. The issue isn't the airbox getting in the way, the reservoir actually will hit the swingarm and probably bust the shock to pieces the first time you hit a good bump with it.[/quote:74ieyhgb]

Well that seems pretty bad. :eek: I never knew that.

banshee shocks dont require cutting, mine fit

theese are my lights
2 55w halogens hooked up to low beam

000_0855.jpg
Those look alright and pretty cool actually but my only gripe is that huge gap it leaves with the removal of the old lights.
What I thought I might be able to do is, in that whole space it leaves to put a light that fits right into that space and everything. With the light gone it looks like there used to be a light that was literally attached to the pastic of the quad that fit right in there. If I can get a light like that, then I think that would really look nice.
Something like this, a light that takes up that gray spot and sits right in there.
ex1zl1.png

(This is not my quad I am using it for example purposes and I thank the member who put this picture in the warrior thread)

You mean like a light that is set back into the hood and is flush with the plastics?
Yeah, and sits like perfectly in that gap it leaves.

Good luck with that. I've experimented with similar ideas myself, but couldn't find any lights that really came close to fitting well. The best thing I came up with was a fog light like the one below:

pilmilserdri1.jpg

which could have been made to fit with a simple bracket, and then you'd have to fill the rest of the gap and most of the light with a sheet metal cover to make it look good. I wanted to do that, but I just don't have the metalworking skills to make it fit right.

[quote:scp62puk]You mean like a light that is set back into the hood and is flush with the plastics?
Yeah, and sits like perfectly in that gap it leaves.[/quote:scp62puk]

That's exactly what I did. I made a cover out of sheet metal, painted it and riveted it to the underside of the hole. Then I mounted foglights and they fit perfectly. I have almost no metalworking skills and it looks good unless you get up close, then you'll see the gaps and imperfections, but on my quad, I couldn't care less. If you anybody wants a picture I can get one this weekend.

I'd love pictures for some insperation. I would really like to do that. Or get Maier plastics with the Maier hood scoop and get a light inside the scoop, but that is way too expensive, even if it does look nice.

Here's my setup, I know it's far from perfect, but it works, and the lights are pretty easily adjustable vertically and horizontally.

I bought the lights for about $15 CAD at an auto parts store. They have 2 modes, bright white lights and dim blue light. So I hooked it up so that bright is high beams and dim is low beams.
Don't mind the specks of mud, I went through a few puddles. :p

That's nice man, I really like it. My dad has this rectangular light with a cover lieing around and I put it in front of my stock lights and noticed that it would be an almost perfect fit so we're just going to hook that up to it. That cover on it is ugly though, I should unscrew it, but that's besides the point.

Back