Lighting coil rewind for more power

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just finished reading the whole thing 6 pages lol. Very interesting and informational!! Didn't look loke the job is hard to do either but wrapping a WArrior stator will be alot more work, to bad it's not like the bike and lonly has the one coil for lighting.
USS_1261.jpg

D'oh!
Never quite considered that 15+ piece deal LOL
Is that a coil also, the big one at the top? Which coil(s) are the charging and which are the lighting? I've been blessed never having needed to mess with a stator.

This'n looks like a friggin' WWII bomber radial engine...

D'oh!
Never quite considered that 15+ piece deal LOL
Is that a coil also, the big one at the top? Which coil(s) are the charging and which are the lighting? I've been blessed never having needed to mess with a stator.

This'n looks like a friggin' WWII bomber radial engine...

LMFAO the one big coil is the sorce coil and the windings every other third one is either batt charging ingnition power or lighting power

The big one at the top is the ignition coil, all of the others are lighting/charging. The lighting coils are each 120 degrees out of phase from the one next it. Hence every third one is in the same phase. The lighting/charging coils produce 3-phase a/c power and the rectifier rectifies this to a smooth DC current. I rewound the stator on my warrior with heavier wire to produce more current output. Now I have the infamous no spark but bump starts issue. Living with it for now as mine has the rope start.

Back