lightening tips

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshiznit

Reaction score
im just wondering what r some good and cheap things yall have done to make your warriors lighter cz im tryin to get mine as light as possible. ive already taken off the lights, shaved some of the front fenders, taken off the parkin brake, smaller tires, and theres prbly more but i cant think of right now.

If you're like me, then going on a diet was the best way to lighten er up......
Actually in a past issue of ATVSPORT magazine, Cody Anderson has a good article about what he's done to lighten his. Went as far as to swap out bolts with smaller heads, cut of excess threads, drilled out his brake lever, etc,etc.

im gonna look into that and see if theres an article online about it. but thats another thing is especially when im at the track i run a little less than a quarter tank of gas when i ride and it is plenty for me b4 i have to take a break and let the engine cool. cz i think ive heard that a gallon of gas weighs 6lbs? idk i may be wrong...

The less gas in the tank the lower your centre of gravity as well. What a brilliant idea it is to have the tank as high as possible. They're finally starting to lower it in some models.

I looked this moring while in the sh@tter: The issue was Oct 2006, main article was "atv racing going mainstream, fame and fortune".

Back