Left hand throttle ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m1sery

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is any sort of LEFT hand throttle setup out there for an 01 Warrior ?

Not only am I left handed, but I have a bit of feeling loss in my right hand and its becoming more and more of a problem for me.
Ive tried the twist throttles , but to be totally honest I have a hard time with anything when it comes to my right hand.

What would be ideal for me would be to flip the clutch and throttle around. Clutch on right Brake and Throttle on the left.

Any thoughts, is there any way to just flip them around ?

Thanks Paul

Just swap the wires around, Might have to have extended Clutch/ throttle, Gettting the thumb throttle reversed will be tricky though.Just put the clutch like the front beake is.

Have you tried the twist throttle on the left. Also I think Magura *sp* puts out a hydraulic clutch that is much easier to use, that may be easier on the right hand. There should be no problems routing the clutch cable to the right side. Its the same distance as if you were to go to the left side.

Spin thumb throttle around, and boom...Index finger throttle.

spinning the throttle around would work, but it would be hard to keep the throttle on and hit the front brakes. i dont know about you guys, but a lot of times when i am going through the trails, i will keep the throttle where it is and get on the front brakes in order to get around tight turns quick and also to be able to come out of the turns much quicker.

Thanks for the input guys. Its really getting annoying for me. I have full use of both of my hands , but I loose more and more feeling as I ride untill it eventually goes completely numb and I loose all feeling in it. When this happens it usually takes a day or so to regain full feeling. ( Quite annoying )
You honestly DO NOT realise how much you rely on feeling in your hands to relate speed and throttle response.
I thought about flipping the throttle over for use on the left side but as stated above, throttle and brake usage at the same time quadruples in difficulty. So I am definately in need of a left handed throttle lever.

Paul

Back