Leak testers

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassballs818

Reaction score
I 'm looking to find the difference between a 2 and 4 stroke leak down tester. If anyone could explain this to me that would be awsome.

I recently bought a PW50 for my 5 yr old and i'm doin a complete rebuild. Clymer reccomends a leak down before and after a cylinder rebuild with a 2stroke tester. The warrior manual "requires" a 4 stroke tester.

Can i just buy or make one to use on both?

I 'm looking to find the difference between a 2 and 4 stroke leak down tester. If anyone could explain this to me that would be awsome.

I recently bought a PW50 for my 5 yr old and i'm doin a complete rebuild. Clymer reccomends a leak down before and after a cylinder rebuild with a 2stroke tester. The warrior manual "requires" a 4 stroke tester.

Can i just buy or make one to use on both?
on a 4 stroke it test to make sure the combustion chamber seals the test has to be done a TDC and a 2 stroke on is a little bit differen so you have to have a diff tester for the 4 stroke. on a 2 stroke it test to make sure there is no leaks in the crankcase you put 6psi in the motor and it is supposed to hold 6psi for 6 minutes no less

Last edited:
Cool. I found mine for $40. The site i've been basing prices off of is PWonly.com. Its similar to the old YFM350 forum. It's cute

Man, I have an idea of how to make a tester for a 2 smoker but it's hard to explain. Basically you'd have to put 6lbs of shop air in the engine witha line from a tester kit, a guage & pressure regulator limited to 6lbs & a valve in the source air line that would allow you to trap the air in the crankcase & only allow it to leak from the crankcase "if" it leaks.

Back