Krylon Fusion

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wal2l2ior

Reaction score
Does anyone have 1st hand experience with this stuff?
Ive read both good and bad on the net.. some say it sucks, and others say that with the right prep its awesome.
Let me know what you know.

My cousin uses it to paint his fenders on his 250r, it looks shitty and he has to repaint it every time we ride. Don't even try painting quad fenders unless all you do is field or dune riding, debris along trails will tear any kind of paint off, then it ends up looking way shittier than it did before it was painted. Can't even pressure wash the **** without paint chips flying through the air like confetti. If your fenders are getting dull then sand them down and polish them, if they're cracked or you want a different color then get new ones, painting them looks trashy.

it works good as long as u stell woll the surface good and clean it off befor u paint it does a good job

Never had a problem with it.

But it's not meant for fenders, as they are constantly flexxing

i painted my hood with it and so far so good, im impressed i must say. prep it good and it will stay on and to the person up there that said pressure washing takes it off--- it has never for me maybe your on crack! just kidding.

i painted my hood with it and so far so good, im impressed i must say. prep it good and it will stay on and to the person up there that said pressure washing takes it off--- it has never for me maybe your on crack! just kidding.

Just a little heroin on the weekends - i'm not on crack - so shut up lol

Maybe different quad plastics have a different materials in the plastic, but when my cousin painted the maier fenders on the 250r he cleaned and sanded them down first, and the paint still wouldn't stick right. That made it easy though since he repainted them every weekend, all he had to do was wash it and the fenders were the original orange again.

i painted my hood on my old 2006 raptor, and it never cracked, chipped, or even had deep scratches in it. but i used adhesive promoter on it after sanding it, then i used regular spray paint to paint it.

ive had the best of luck with the stuff.... i painted under the plastics in the back, not under the fenders, but like where the battery is on the underside, its held up so damned good, and ive painted numerous other things, only with excellent results, maybe its ones touch? but all i did to prep it was wipe it down real good with rubbing alcohol

Fusion is fine under certain conditions, like painting the area you did around the battery box. It's when the part gets flexxed and hit by debris like the fenders is that the paint will crackle and chip off, places like the hood and battery box don't flex unless you crash into something (in which case you'll have bigger problems than paint), but roost from other riders could still chip the paint up.

well thats a given for anything with paint, anything that flexes, or that gets hit with **** is gonna chip, think of it this way, if the plastics scratch, or get stress marks, thats not a good place to paint, almost nothing holds up to that abuse, the plastics even get marks or dings there, just paint wisely, and unless you want to repaint after every ride, just paint were it will hold up, and itll be fine!

Back