Keihin Carb??? anyone run it?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't appear to have an accelerator pump......am I right about that?
I think it would be great for a healthy motor (cams,porting,etc...)
I do not see how it would be an improvement over the stock carb on a
stock internal engine.....

jebby

Last edited:
I run one on my 94, heads been ported and polished, full exhaust and bored 40 over with wiseco 10.25-1 piston and it runs awsome!!

It will run better on a stock motor but the real difference is when you strap it to a fully built motor but I haven't gotten to take a keihin and work with them much so I can't say which is best but I really like my 38mm mikuni

alright well i got the 396 stroker kit, port and polish, .390 cam i believe, and valve springs will it make a big difference or should i look for something different, and i got exhaust too btw

for what ever reason I think mikuni gum up faster then the keihin carbs do. Plus, rounds slides are just ergonomically better when it comes to operation and flow.

You will notice a good sized difference in power with thaqt carb on a 397 motor but the trick is jetting the jets aren't even going to be close to the same as what you would have been running in a stock carb I went from a 150 to a 230 to make it run right

You will notice a good sized difference in power with thaqt carb on a 397 motor but the trick is jetting the jets aren't even going to be close to the same as what you would have been running in a stock carb I went from a 150 to a 230 to make it run right

So......it uses A LOT more gas?

im at a 160 on my stock carb with stock airbox and no mods done to it at all...n im gunna put a uni filter on it with an outerwear when i get this carb for it...so im thinking im gunna have to jump up a lot

n the reason im changing really is i think it could be faster then what it is n if i hit a little jump n land when i land it loses fuel for a second n i almost go flying over the handle bars it does it really bad up at silver lake sand dunes when im in like 5th or 6th going over bumps...

What jetting are u guys using for this carb? I can ony get it to idle, as soon as I move the throttle it dies. Is it to rich, my plug is a dry black color. My jetting right now is 42 pilot, 160 main, needle in third slot

yes it is rich, try adjusting the needle like weston said, also main jet might be too big. Another thing to check is your idle, turn it up a hair and see if it stays running when you gas it. The rich jetting and dieing of idle could be two different things

I have it close now,moved needle to fourth clip, 42 polit, air screw 1 3/4 turns out(Does turning it out make it leaner or richer?). 160 main, eveything is good in mid and top range. Only problem is if I twist the throttle very quick at idle it wants to die, if I twist it smoothly at idle its fine(is that because there is no accel pump?), also with clutch lever pulled in coasting down a hill at idle it stalls. Do I need a bigger polit jet?thanks

by your jets I thought you had a stock carb, but you said it doesn't have an accel pump, stock has one, so what carb do you have?

In the kehin and makuni neather has a accl pump run the air screw out or in about 1/4 turn and run it may have to go to the fith screw but maybe not

Back