keihin 38mm carburetor ?s

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaman

Reaction score
Hey guys i just bought a warrior with a keihin 38mm carb on it the guy said he just bought it and put it on and couldnt get it to run nothing else is done to the warrior it seems to me it needs to be rejetted it starts but wont idle at all and bogs and dies if you hit the throttle what i have found is these carbs have a 160 main and 45 pilot around what ballpark should i be running as far as jets? all stock except muffler spark arrester removed?

Thanks in advance

what is the air screw set at and could you give more info on the carb like the modle if its a PWK or PE carb or somthing along those lines?

It's a pe and the air screw is 1 and a half turns out I got it now where it will idle rough but if I hit the throttle at al it dies so does that mean I need a smaller pilot?

Your jetting is way off. Start at the jetting suggested, also were is the air fuel screw located? On the side, or on the bottom near the motor?

alright i just ordered the jets and it is located on the side of the carb

Thanks for the help

Your welcome.

Just a bit of info.

The a/f screw on a stock carb is a fuel screw in lean, out rich.

the a/f on the carb you have is a air bleed screw, in rich, out lean.

Something to remember when tuning.

well i put in the 35 pilot and the 145 main it idles a tad better but as soon as i touch the throttle it dies and no matter what i do with the adjustment screws it dosent seem to make a difference could it be that i just have a clamp on air filter that its not enough vacuum?

You can see if its running lean or rich by the color of the plug

i took out the plug it is all black that mean its running rich?

so with the 35 pilot and 145 main it should be somewhere close i mean it seemed to make no difference it just idles really bad and rev up at all could i have a different problem? all i have for a air filter is just a clamp on uni could that be my problem?

so with the 35 pilot and 145 main it should be somewhere close i mean it seemed to make no difference it just idles really bad and rev up at all could i have a different problem? all i have for a air filter is just a clamp on uni could that be my problem?

I just bought the same carb, I have a DG pipe that is matched to the Carb. I just spent about 8 hours In a ATV park and had no issues at all with the carb. I have not changed any setting on it. take a picture of how you mounted the carb on the motor. so I can see if your set up is the same as mine.

have you unplugged those stupid clutch and pb safety switch assemblys from each other?? Does sound like a carb problem but this is definitely worth doing just to give it a try! My 98 did the same sort of thing and it was those connectors rev limiting the bike and killing it if you even touched the throttle. Hope ya figure it out!

Last edited:
Sorry for taking so long to reply but it ended up being the clutch brake was always on disconnected it and taped back wires runs great now

Thanks for all the help guys

Back