Keep kill switch on or off?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukacola

Reaction score
The red switch on or off? I hear conflicting opinions on this. Some say when you take the key out to turn the petcock to off and kill the switch, some say leave the fuel on and leave the switch on, some say to leave both on, etc...

Confused!!!

What do you guys do when you turn it off for the day?

Also, petcock to reserve or on when driving?

Leave the red switch on! Does not make any difference after you turn the key off.
As far as the fuel valve goes, at the end of the day I turn mine off. I have seen to many times of carb leaking all of the gas.

What about leaving on Res or Run? And what will it hurt to turn the red switch off/on? Just curious.

The red switch only kills the engine, where the key switch kills engine lights and all else electrical.
When riding keep the fuel valve in the on position. If your bike runs out of gas turn it to reserve and you have a little extra "reserve" fuel to get you back to the truck.
The fuel valve has a tube sticking up off of bottom of the tank, this is the "on" fuel pickup. The reserve get fuel from the bottom of the tank. So when it runs of you are all out of fuel.

Back