K&N

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wal2l2ior

Reaction score
Well...UPS guy delivered my K&N filter to day...I was all excited and swapped it out with my OEM filter went to put lid back on and ......lid dosnt seal right...its like the k&n is just a bit taller! so I forced the lid down and screwed it in..but now i have gaps and a little hump.
Anyone else have this problem?

drop in k&n, I assume? You probably don't have it positioned right. You shouldn't have to force the lid down, if there's gaps you're probably sucking dirt between the filter and the airbox. Don't ride it until you get it figured out!

I wouldnt run a drop in k&n... mine was the same way when i had the drop in i could never tell if it was all the way down, it was a sketchy setup, id sugest u save up a few bucks and get a pro design setup. It is a real secure system u wont have to worry about dirt and crap sneakin in around the crappy seal of the drop in one

Ok i checked out that pro flow..what does that metal thing attatch to?

your airbox
yamaha-raptor350-04-bikepics-318275.jpg

Well...UPS guy delivered my K&N filter to day...I was all excited and swapped it out with my OEM filter went to put lid back on and ......lid dosnt seal right...its like the k&n is just a bit taller! so I forced the lid down and screwed it in..but now i have gaps and a little hump.
Anyone else have this problem?
i have the same problem.. but i got it on there right now very good.. better then if it would have fit right.. its on very snug.

to check and make sure its sealed correctly, just take the airbox off and look into the whole that the filter covers.

I no longer use K&N. On my Raptor 350 I noticed such a tight fit that the foam gasket was pushed up bocking some of the intake ,if you look at it from the carb point of view. The gasket is just too dam fat and I had to mod my air box to get it to fit right do to it pushing my lid up and warping it. Ichecked it several times and it was in correctly. i recently gave up on it and bought the GYTR clamp on with high flow filter. BEWARE that if you have to force the K&N in the gasket may rise and break apart, then get sucked into your carb. The gasket needs to be about half the width it is.

GYTRFilter.jpg

Ok..im getting the K&N pro set up with clamp and all..I still have stock pipe and silencer, What would you suggest jetting be if i go with no air box lid and outerwears filter cover?

Back